New York-Hudson Valley
Options

DB's alterations

What has everyone's experiences been with David's Bridal alterations in the Hudson Valley area?  Specifically Middletown or Nanuet?  I'm currently upstate but will be moving back down by the summer, where I will have alterations done, so I'll take any feedback in the Orange/Rockland county area.  
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: DB's alterations

• Options
    edited December 2011
    All I've ever heard is that DB alterations  are really expensive regardless of where you go.

My Mom and Grandmother both got their dresses at DB but took them to a local tailor to have them altered.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_dbs-alterations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:113Discussion:94a04932-dae1-4bca-b24c-6f52d184cb5fPost:f891f4e5-a1ee-424f-a16d-014464872afa">Re: DB's alterations</a>:
    [QUOTE]All I've ever heard is that DB alterations  are really expensive regardless of where you go. My Mom and Grandmother both got their dresses at DB but took them to a local tailor to have them altered.
    Posted by Bat937[/QUOTE]

I Got my dress altered at DB in Middletown,They did an awsome Job but they are VERY expensive..

I bought a 2nd wedding dress just a short white one to wear the morning of my wedding when i was getting ready for like $300.00 & they wanted to charge me almost as much as the dress to get it altered,so i took that one to a local place.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Can I ask where those other alterations were done?  I"m having such a hard time finding somewhere else to do them.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_dbs-alterations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:113Discussion:94a04932-dae1-4bca-b24c-6f52d184cb5fPost:931bb1dd-6f75-4e1a-bffc-5cc1007711a5">Re: DB's alterations</a>:
    [QUOTE]Can I ask where those other alterations were done?  I"m having such a hard time finding somewhere else to do them.  
    Posted by ayip24[/QUOTE]

i took it to arts cleaners in Middletown & i think they charged me $35.00 to alter it,My wedding dress had alot of lace & beading so i wanted to take it to DB bc i knew they would know how to alter it right,if it were a reg wedding dress i would have taken it elsewhere..
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My mom and grandmother used Tailorland in Newburgh.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    perfect, thank you all so much!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards