New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Babysitter Service

I am getting married at The Poughkeepsie Grand Hotel and was wondering if any of you ladies from that area are familiar with a good babysitting service? My 3 year old daughter and 2 nieces are my flower girls and i need someone to look after them after dinner. Seeing as how everyone i know will be at the wedding i was wondering if anyone knew of a service i could use? 

Re: Babysitter Service

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I know the HudsonValleyCeremonies has nannies that you can use.  I don't know of anyone that has used them for this service, but every other service they provide is impeccable.  You could start there.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    kristinanddankristinanddan member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Maybe try sittercity.com?
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    steveandtasteveandta member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am going to use a friend of mine. She graduated college with her masters in teaching but no job yet for her. So she babysits for multiple families in the area to make a little extra money while subbing in the local schools.

She is going to be in charge of 6 kids, two three year olds, a 5 year old, a 9 year old a 10 year old and a 12 year old.

I think I am going to preplan a fun sleepover after party theme with goodies and such. not sure if we should rent a room for the kids and have them in the same hotel as us or if I should have her bring all the kids to my house.

She is pretty cool with the idea of leaving early with the kids. Is there anyone that you can invite that you trust with the children?
    Photobucket invite1
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i know a few people i could ask from where i live in Rockland county, but seeing as how the wedding is in Poughkeepsie i was looking for someone over there, so the person does not really have to travel much.

I am using Hudson Valley ceremonies so ill check them out. And i am going to put an add out on sittercity, but that kind of makes me nervous.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards