New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Town Shop Bridal-Poughkeepsie

Hi-The reviews of their shop are horrible on the internet.  I was wondering if anyone went there?  How was your experience?  They are close to me and they have a designer I want to try.

Thanks!

Re: Town Shop Bridal-Poughkeepsie

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I got my gorgeous Demetrios dress from the Town Shop. My mom's dress and my BM and MOH dresses are also from the Town Shop. Working with them has been a great experience for me. I found Kathy to be very helpful. She was very patient with me when I spent FOUR hours in the store deciding on the dress.
    There is one lady who works there who I found to be VERY annoying and pushy, but I just make a point to avoid her. Sorry, can't remember her name!
    Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress there and having nothing but rave reviews for them.   My sales consultant was Grace. She was wonderful.  Really listened to what I was looking for, stayed well within my budget (always told me the price of the dress BEFORE I put in on also).  She actually picked out my dress. I had discounted it based on the picture- didn't think it would look good on me but she had me try it on and I fell in love. 
    Their alterations department is great. My dress fit like a glove.  I had a fantastic experience with them and would recommened them time and again. 
  • Options
    ssagessage member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I too had a wonderful experience there.  My saleslady was Giovanna...and although I have a feeling she might be who you are talking about Shari, I had a great relationship with her...>I could see though that she might rub people the wrong way BUT, she helped me find the most beautiful dress.  I had some issues later on and they went above and beyond to make sure that my dress would be perfect on my big day! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Haha Stephanie, you hit the nail on the head! I have to say though, I know two girls who also got their dresses from her and they loved her.  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I bought my Maggie dress from Town Shop.  Without a doubt, they have the best selection in the area.  However in my opinion, their customer service is not great.  Grace was my consultant and she was pretty good but nothing stellar I found the guy who worked there, who I believe is one of the owner, very rude and unprofessional.  However, if you can stick with them, Rosie, who works in alterations is absolutely amazing.  There's no harm in checking them out so I say make an appointment or walk in one day. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I bought my dress there in June and they have been great. I work with Justine and only see here whenever I need to try my dress on. All of my BMs got their dresses there because they saved 15%off. I did have an arguement with the owner herself in front of the counter (her and her husband can be rude an unprofessional). The sales woman who helped us with the BM dresses rubbed us all the wrong way and she tried to argue with me too. All is fixed and we moved on from it. Their selection is the best really around here I agree.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress there and also my bridesmaid dresses there because of the discount.  I have definitely felt a difference from the day when i went in to try on and purchase my dress and the times I have gone in since, they are not trying to make a sale so I guess they don't have to be that nice anymore.  I do find the owner rude, I've heard him talking about other customers in front of me.  Otherwise, I would agree that the selection is awesome and the customer service is just nothing to rave about.  I've had alterations done there previously and that was a very good experience.  HTH!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ssagessage member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I figured that is who you meant Shari...her and my mom didn't get along either LOL

And I agree with SB....the owner is not always so nice...get his wife...but i will say this....when my dress came back from being cleaned, he could NOT have been nicer and even carried it to the car for me w/o me asking....i was shocked.

My BMs also got their dresses there but we didn't use a consultant as we looked on the internet before and sort of knew that was the dress.  They had alterations done elsewhere for convenience sake only.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The owner is definitely a bit weird. When I went with some of my BM and MOH to look for their dresses, my BF/MOH had her 3 month old daughter in a stroller, and he took the stroller and wheeled it into one of the fitting rooms to get it "out of the way" and then he walked away and left her there. We couldn't tell if he was being playful or serious, but it rubbed all of us the wrong way! Thankfully I already had my dress, otherwise I would've walked out! haha
  • Options
    mystinamariemystinamarie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I tried on dresses there in January. There was kind of a weird vibe amongst the employees. It made for an awkward time. I did not get my dress there, I just wasn't that pleased with their selection and the whole vibe. It was almost as if they had had a fight before we walked in - so they were all kind of grating on ea. other's nerves. None were mean to us, per se, but kind of snippy w/ ea. other w/ us in the middle, if that makes sense.
    Visit The Knot!Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • Options
    mystinamariemystinamarie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh and I forgot that at one point my consultant just totally left me to work with another bride. She didn't even say anything to me at all, another lady (Giovanna) walked up and told me she would be working with me. Didn't know what that was about? Felt like it was kind of odd treatment.
    Visit The Knot!Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • Options
    From a bride to another bride DO NOT GO THERE! I am not one to write reviews but these people are grotesquely RUDE. And I feel like other people
    Need to know what they would be dealing with. We went in for my 4 bridesmaids. One of them being my maid of honor who already bought her dress which is different so that she can stand out. I wanted to get a good view as how my other girls dresses would look next to hers. The lady that was "helping" us asked how much is that dress? And when we told her the price she stated " what?! For a bridesmaid dress? Are you crazy?! When do you think she will ever wear that again! *insert obnoxious laugh* good luck with that". That was just the first of the many. If it's not rude
    Enough to have asked for the price it was disgusting to then put it down. After that Debacle she asked what color I'm looking for I said black. Response: " what is this a wedding or a funeral?" . Moving on to actually trying on dresses she was nowhere to be found and god forbid the other three sales people come to help. It's kind of hard to get a good idea of what a dress looks like on you if the sample sizes are 12 or up and my girls are size 4. I
    Would think they would be taking those clip things and fitting the dress to your body. Let me tell you that there was NO ONE else In the store besides me and my girls, so it's not like they were overflowing with customers (now I can see why they weren't)

We then decided to look at wedding dresses.when we went into the back, like a piranha a different sales women (oh, so I guess they are deciding to do their job now?) comes over and AGAIN the nasty attitude flys out. "You haven't bought your dress so why are you worrying about theirs? How do you know your dress will look good with whatever they pick out?" I made my explanation that I know what dresses I'm looking at and my Appointment is in month with my mom, grandmother, sister, and future mother in law in NYC at Kleinfelds. I swear at the mere mention of Kleinfelds sent this women in a tail spin of uncontrollable rage. She border line shouted how horrible Kleinfelds is and how their shit hole town shop "We made #1 on The Knot!" . .. One of my bridesmaid recently got married and asked why you had to make an appointment to try on wedding dresses because she never had to make one when she went for her dress the sales person asked where did you get your dress? David's bridal. .. Then the salesperson made a disgusted laugh and replied with "Well yeah that's why!" Oh and they charge you 25 dollars to try on a wedding dress and since I didn't have an appointment for that I apparently couldn't even LOOK at the dress.

I know this was a rant but what should have been a fun and exciting day just turned our miserable and upsetting. They did not help. I can't type just how horrible the rudeness was, I would say it was straight up mean, to call it just rude would be downsizing the situation. We all left mad and upset. Don't give these people your business I sure as hell didn't and with the way we were treated it looks like they don't need the business anyways.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards