New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Fall Wedding Ideas?

I'm getting married Oct 8th 2011, and I'm looking for ideas for my centerpieces.  I was thinking of doing some type of Pumpkin centerpieces with fresh flowers and ideas?  Also does anyone have reception vendors in the Hudson Valley Area?  I'm from Florida and I will be visiting NY in a few weeks.  I was going to look at the following places.  Let me know if you have any comments on the reception places.  Thanks Debbie

Belveder Mansion
Charlottes Rest and Catering
Plumbush Inn and Rest
Ceola Manor
Redhook Inn

Re: Fall Wedding Ideas?

• Options
    edited December 2011

Hi! Congrats! The Hudson Valley is a beautiful place for an autumn wedding!

As far as ideas, not sure if you knew but if you click over to the left. Where it says "wedding theme boards" there is a fall weddings board for all girls (nationwide) getting marriend in September, October and November.

The girls here have awesome suggestions, and will probably have a "fall" idea or too, (see mine below) but wanted you to be aware of that board as well.

As far as venues: Other than Ceola Manor (which is your typical catering hall) the other places you listed have more of an "inn" quality to them. Is that what you are looking for? Or were they just places your fiance remembered from his time living here?

What type of "feel" are you looking for?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Fall ideas -

Warn apple cider during cocktail hour

hot chocolate or coffee as guests leave

leaves, pumpkins, etc as centerpieces

fall flowers (or fall colored flowers) mums, deep colored roses or deep colored calla lillies

candy or caramel apples as favors!

warm ivory colored accents, deep fall colors for bridesmaids - chocolate brown, dark oranges or shades of red and plum. Or navy blue for girls.

Just some thoughts off the top of my head.  Have fun planning!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I definitely like the INN feeling.  We are having a small intimate wedding with approx 40 guests.  Thanks for the info on the fall wedding ideas!!
  • Options
    ssagessage member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we just had fall flowers but i did see a photo with flowers coming out of a pumpkin which i thought was cool....we had apple/cinnamon scented candles in our favors...we originally were going to do cider as our favors but i couldn't get it together in time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    probablykateprobablykate member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married Oct 8 2011 as well! 

I don't have a lot of ideas for fall theme yet, but I talked to a florist last weekend who is going to put together some ideas for me of fall centerpieces using all local flowers/plants. I'll let you know if she comes up with anything good!

I think we are going to go with a royal or cobalt blue for Bridesmaid dresses (blue is FI and my favorite color) and a burnt orange as an accent color. 

We are sticking with those colors for bouquets but I told the florist that I'd be more open to a fall mish-mash for the centerpieces. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Thanks ProbablyKate!!!

Im doing the typical fall colors.  My daughters are going to wear either plum purple or a red wine color.  I'm in Florida so if you have a florist in the Hudson Valley area that you like can you give me the info? 

I saw an idea where they used small pumpkins with slits on the top and they put the guests name and seating card in them.  I also saw ideas where they carved the initials of the bride and groom in the pumpkin and the pumpkin was lit up with candles inside. 

• Options
    woodfrogswoodfrogs member
    First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

Wonderland Florist in Rhinebeck, or Thornton's Hillside Gardens in Pok. Green Oak Florist in Hyde Park.
    For an "Inn" feeling:
    Rhinecliff Hotel (the space is beaitiful and the food is good)
    Beekman Arms(Rhinebeck) - old Inn, great food
    Terrapin Catering at Dinsmore, small venue(near the Belvedere) on a golf course, food is very good.

And depending on what you're looking for, maybe Buttermilk Falls Inn or even Mohonk Mtn House.

Good luck with your search!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Also, check out Hudson House River Inn in Cold Spring. They would fit perfectly for your size wedding.
  • Options
    probablykateprobablykate member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_fall-wedding-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:113Discussion:9f7a6272-d19d-44ee-902b-702602435b43Post:7f1158ad-3247-46a4-ae3f-c590f4d4de77">Re: Fall Wedding Ideas?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks ProbablyKate!!! Im doing the typical fall colors.  My daughters are going to wear either plum purple or a red wine color.  I'm in Florida so if you have a florist in the Hudson Valley area that you like can you give me the info?  I saw an idea where they used small pumpkins with slits on the top and they put the guests name and seating card in them.  I also saw ideas where they carved the initials of the bride and groom in the pumpkin and the pumpkin was lit up with candles inside. 
    Posted by asmartass66[/QUOTE]

I love both of those colors too, especially for a fall wedding!  I'm afraid I'm not a lot of help on local florists--I'm planning from Philly (I grew up in Poughkeepsie area but haven't lived there for over 7 years).  The florist that I am talking to was referred to me specifically because she does local & eco-friendly options.  But she also will do basically anything and we really liked her based on our one meeting.  The florist is Seed to Fruit in Beacon. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards