New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Affordable florist in the Hudson Valley Area?

Hi All! 

We are in a tight budget and we are having a daytime wedding. I'm not crazy about flowers but I'm out of ideas when decorating since my wedding is 12-5pm and I feel candles alone won't look as great (opinions about that?) With that said, I'm looking into flowers but I don't want to spend that much money on them. Is there an affordable florist in the Lower Hudson Valley area? I'm not sure how much florist go by so I don't know what price point to consider as an affordable. For those of you more knowledgeable of wedding florist, let's say I want to keep in the lower end (as cheap as possible) any help you can provide will be useful and I greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Re: Affordable florist in the Hudson Valley Area?

• Options
    My planner, Sara Kate Events, did my flowers for me and she did an amazing job!  You could contact her and see if she travels to the Hudson Valley.  I know she does for weddings but would suggest that you check for flowers.  Just so you know, your budget will depend on the number of girls that you have in your bridal party and what you are wanting for centerpieces.  High centerpieces tend to be more expensive than smaller, lower ones.  And I would also suggest that you try and stick with flowers that will be in season instead of something that has to be imported.  I hope that helps some!  My planner/florists website is:  www.sarakateevents.com
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_affordable-florist-in-the-hudson-valley-area?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:113Discussion:a1f56bec-5fce-4a6c-889b-3706e72b14f9Post:0bd11409-1eb2-485f-9117-45463a688c7f">Re: Affordable florist in the Hudson Valley Area?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My planner, Sara Kate Events, did my flowers for me and she did an amazing job!  You could contact her and see if she travels to the Hudson Valley.  I know she does for weddings but would suggest that you check for flowers.  Just so you know, your budget will depend on the number of girls that you have in your bridal party and what you are wanting for centerpieces.  High centerpieces tend to be more expensive than smaller, lower ones.  And I would also suggest that you try and stick with flowers that will be in season instead of something that has to be imported.  I hope that helps some!  My planner/florists website is:   <a href="http://www.sarakateevents.com" rel="nofollow">www.sarakateevents.com</a>
    Posted by diggles1[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Thank you! I'm only having 1 maid of honor and 3 bridemaids (no flower girls or any kids) and I would like lower centerpieces that are simple since I'm not too big on flowers. Thank you I will check Sara Kate Events out. 

</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_affordable-florist-in-the-hudson-valley-area?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:113Discussion:a1f56bec-5fce-4a6c-889b-3706e72b14f9Post:d335db7f-31ad-4e89-8bee-79a84a167657">Re: Affordable florist in the Hudson Valley Area?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Affordable florist in the Hudson Valley Area? : Thank you! I'm only having 1 maid of honor and 3 bridemaids (no flower girls or any kids) and I would like lower centerpieces that are simple since I'm not too big on flowers. Thank you I will check Sara Kate Events out. 
    Posted by pauch0911[/QUOTE]

You are welcome!!! I'm not sure how much she has about flowers on her site but her work really is beautiful and was super affordable!! I hope you like her ;-)
  • Options
    ssagessage member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    A local florist that we know did our flowers but I know that alot of florists, if you tell them your budget, etc. will tell you what they can do. 
    Also, i have heard of people getting flowers at places like grocery stores (no joke) or even Adams, Stew Leonard's, etc.  You might want to go that route.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    I'm using Steven Bruce Design and I've been really happy with them so far.  You give them your budget and they do what they can within that budget.  
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://hudsonvalley.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_affordable-florist-in-the-hudson-valley-area?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:113Discussion:a1f56bec-5fce-4a6c-889b-3706e72b14f9Post:b8216ab2-60f4-4752-b04a-5e445a57ec93">Re: Affordable florist in the Hudson Valley Area?</a>:
    [QUOTE]A local florist that we know did our flowers but I know that alot of florists, if you tell them your budget, etc. will tell you what they can do.  Also, i have heard of people getting flowers at places like grocery stores (no joke) or even Adams, Stew Leonard's, etc.  You might want to go that route.
    Posted by ssage[/QUOTE]

I would recommend Joseph Richard florals. 914-273-3361. He is very reasonable not one of the big name floral designers so his prices are affordable.
  • Options
    Lucille's in Fishkill is the florist thats doing my wedding and she was incredibly resourcesful when I told her how I really needed to stay within my very small budget for flowers. I highly recommend her!
    The future "Mrs. Hassan"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards