New York-Hudson Valley
Options

West Point Ceremony

My fiance and I were planning on getting married in one of the chapels at West Point (He is a graduate of West Point). However they don't do Sunday weddings in any of the chapels there. We are all but forced into a Sunday do to having a smaller wedding. Most reception places won't do small numbers on a Saturday evening or the price goes way up. Has anyone had a ceremony outdoors at West Point? This is my plan B but I am having trouble getting in touch with anyone there who can help me with this. If so where on the grounds did you do it and who did you contact?

Re: West Point Ceremony

• Options
    gnyzgrlgnyzgrl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    kdegraw, I'm sure you already have..... but have you tried contacting the Chaplin directly?  There are so many beautiful spots on the grounds.  I wanted to have our wedding there but I was told no..... it's Army....... I'm marrying a Marine.    We're running into the same problem with the number of guest and costs.  We are now looking for a Sunday venue.  Best of luck to you.
  • Options
    lanyemichellelanyemichelle member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Contact the Thayer Hotel. They have a 40 person minimum, if you can meet that, but they do outdoor ceremonies.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards