New York-Hudson Valley
Options

How long till you start a family?

My Dh and I have been married almost a year and I want to start a family.  Its such a big step!  We are going to wait another six months

Re: How long till you start a family?

• Options
    edited December 2011

Dh and i tried a few months after we got married,and it didnt happen so we took a little break and inbetween that break we booked a cruise,i would love to start trying again right now but i cant go on a cruise 7 months preggers so i have to wait 3 months until we try again and at that time we would be married about a yr and a half

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We are going to try right away.
    Part of That World Blog
    my read shelf:Jennifer (JSweetieXO) Cepero's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    ssagessage member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we weren't trying... :)
    She was a mini moon baby :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    mockninemocknine member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we weren't trying either (we weren't really preventing it either)....

We were married for 1 month when I got pregnant.... I have 11 weeks left!

He or she will be born before our 1 year anniversary! Surprised 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_long-till-start-family?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:113Discussion:a6b7d8b3-9ffb-4500-939e-cfba55774201Post:ef863a07-a683-49ef-8c44-6bcd403caafc">Re: How long till you start a family?</a>:
    [QUOTE]we weren't trying either (we weren't really preventing it either).... We were married for 1 month when I got pregnant.... I have 11 weeks left! He or she will be born before our 1 year anniversary!   
    Posted by mocknine[/QUOTE]

mock!! i had no idea you were expecting!!! Congratulations!!!!  Hope the next 11 weeks flys by!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    DH and I have been married 6 months and neither one of us is ready yet,  we are still kinda young and want to enjoy each other first and do more vacations and what not.  I like to say that we are both still "selfish" right now. We are shooting for 29-30, so another 3-4 years.
  • Options
    probablykateprobablykate member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're getting married next October.  I'll be 30 and he'll be 33.  We are thinking probably about a year after we get married, but it depends on a lot of other factors.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We got married about a month ago and I think we might start trying soon. Originally we were gonna wait about 1 year to try, but I looks like it is going to be less then that. I just don't want a winter baby if I can avoid it so I don't want to get pg March, April, or May lol (I know I'm being picky when it doesnt really matter)

Mock - CONGRATS!!!
    336a Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Manda...we went to high school together (deja vu, and I'm sorry if I wrote this somewhere else too!)

We're getting married in May next year. I don't think we'll be waiting too long, but I'm MOH in a wedding at the end of July, so not before then...hard to party with a baby on board!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_long-till-start-family?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:113Discussion:a6b7d8b3-9ffb-4500-939e-cfba55774201Post:cdc2f68f-0051-4979-af83-7dd7ab351b77">Re: How long till you start a family?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Manda...we went to high school together (deja vu, and I'm sorry if I wrote this somewhere else too!) We're getting married in May next year. I don't think we'll be waiting too long, but I'm MOH in a wedding at the end of July, so not before then...hard to party with a baby on board!
    Posted by threepinkroses[/QUOTE]

Really? Did you graduate my year?? PM me!
    336a Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    mockninemocknine member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!!!! :):)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats Mocknine!

We seem to talk about it a lot. But still aren't sure what we are doing yet. DH wants to, I'm not sure. I would love a child, just not so sure I want to be pregnant. We know we have to make a decision soon, I'm 36, but am waiting to get a green light from my doc. We are still a long way off.

Ideally, I'd say I'd prefer to wait a couple of years, but the clock is ticking! So we don't have as much time as I would like.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we tried ttc right after we got married i july till about the beginning of this month and was not successful.. we decided that our career is a little more important to us right now. and we would like to save more money. we will try again sometime in the fall of next year. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Hello. I've waited here for you. Everlong<3<br>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards