New York-Hudson Valley

Men's Wedding Band Options?

Last week we started looking at wedding bands together.  We picked up mine (yay!!) but FI is very undecided.  He seems to be leaning towards purchasing two bands--one nice, white gold band, maybe with a few diamonds and another more work appropriate, everyday band.  He seemed to be gravitating more to the titanium or tungsten type rings because they were a little different and very affordable. To be honest, after a while, he seemed to be getting really confused with all the options--and I don't blame him!

Anyone have any recommendations on band types or know about the different metals/options out there?  Is one more durable than the other or more comfortable? What does your hubby or FI have?

Re: Men's Wedding Band Options?

• edited December 2011
    my hubby has a black titanium band. it's quite durable and is a little different, even the priest commented on it. he was looking at tungsten but didn't really find anything he liked. gold was not an option for him, he doesn't like the look of yellow gold and when he found out about the redipping thing with white gold that was out too. so, black it was!
  • jamiefourjamiefour member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think my FI wants a tungsten ring.  We haven't yet looked at which one!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011

also if you're sure of his size if you look online there's more variety and cheaper prices. remember, titanitum and tungsten cannot be sized!

• edited December 2011
    I like the tungsten and titanium bands but my DH hated the look, he wanted something more traditional and light weight.  He surprisingly wound up with a white gold band because it was the lightest metal. It just has an etching design on it. DH is a cop and didn't want anything heavy on his finger.
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Photobucket image
  • edited December 2011
    Similiar to Chris above -
    My DH went with yellow gold with an etched design. Simple, attractive and practical all at the same time!
  • MidgetteMidgette member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_mens-band-options?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:113Discussion:ab56cec4-0cf7-47d1-b0f5-917cacedd409Post:70f345c7-67c9-48dd-acbd-36817e447afb">Re: Men's Wedding Band Options?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I like the tungsten and titanium bands but my DH hated the look, he wanted something more traditional and light weight.  He surprisingly wound up with a white gold band because it was the lightest metal. It just has an etching design on it. DH is a cop and didn't want anything heavy on his finger.
    Posted by chrisnjay2010[/QUOTE]

<div>This exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</div><div>Except i didnt like the tungsten and titanium bands LOL</div>

• edited December 2011
    My fiance doesn't wear any type of jewelry so I got him something elegant and simple. I bought him a white gold ring with some diamonds encrusted in the front at Zales. If you know his size you can probably get a better deal if you purchase it online.  Best of luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards