New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Any Brides use MeMe's for alterations

I'm freaking out. My wedding is three weeks away and they are telling me that they haven't even started!!!!  I did my first fitting the beginning of June, so there was plenty of time. My worry is I still have to do the bustle points ( she wouldn't let me decide on a bustle because of the amount it needs to be taken in or something) and I think it may need to be taken in a bit more. She said they will probably start it next week and let me know the first week of August.

I could just be overreacting and this is normal, but I just need some reassurance.

TIA
~ Planning Bio~
~ Married Bio~
~ Married August 15, 2010 ~
imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
All You Need Is Love....

Re: Any Brides use MeMe's for alterations

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh no, how stressful!  I'm not at that point in the planning yet, but I will keep an eye on this post to find out the results!!  That is NOT something I want to be stressing about that close to the big day!  Also, your cake topper is adorable!  Where did you get it made?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    maybe pm midgette. her mother got her dress from meme's but i'm not sure if she needed any alterations done. maybe she can help.
  • Options
    BellaSposa223BellaSposa223 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't get mine from Meme's but I had mine altered the week before. We were just waiting to see if I had lost any more weight so it wouldn't look wierd and it was all completely done on wed and the wedding was on fri. Hope this helps!
  • Options
    MidgetteMidgette member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_brides-use-memes-alterations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:113Discussion:ad920fd7-d17f-4b40-ab05-f072963d200ePost:67540b88-1bbb-432d-ab1c-2f1c015f85de">Re: Any Brides use MeMe's for alterations</a>:
    [QUOTE]maybe pm midgette. her mother got her dress from meme's but i'm not sure if she needed any alterations done. maybe she can help.
    Posted by psichick[/QUOTE]

Hey Smooth
    My Mom did get her dress from there and she did need alterations, She went for her fitting in early April(for my June Wedding) and they told her they would call her when it was done. We got no phone call!! Things got crazy and before we kenw it it was the end of May, so she called and they told her it wast done yet and they would call her next week. NO Call!!
    So she was getting really upset now it was the week of June 1st and she still hadnt been back! So I called and flipped out =) I told them that she was being calm only to not upset me but she was very upset and I wanted her dress to be ready now and we were comin in on our terms and the wedding was a week away.
    They told me Wed the 9th, and I told them NO we couldnt do that day because we had family coming in so we were coming in on Tuesday and it better be ready!!
    When we got there the dress was ready, and only needed a few minor things done to it which they did right there on the spot and then pressed and gave her the dress.
    I just figured they did that to anyone who wasnt a bride!
    Because while I was in there, there was a girl for her prom and they destroyed her dress!!

Hope it all works oout for you, and just keep on them!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies for your input..I guess this is the norm for alterations...aah!

@ Midgette Thanks so much!! I will stay on them..but at least I know that  this is unfortunaly how they operate.
    ~ Planning Bio~
    ~ Married Bio~
    ~ Married August 15, 2010 ~
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    All You Need Is Love....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards