New York-Hudson Valley

Engagement shoot location near Kingston??

Hey everyone!! 
My fiance and I finally just booked our wedding photographer! Smile 
We get an engagement shoot with his package.  He is based in Kingston, NY and charges an extra fee for any location outside of a 20 minute drive from there.  I am from Hyde Park and I am wondering if anyone can recommend any nice places that might be good for a photo shoot within that 20 minute drive.  We will be having this shoot in the beginning of March.
Thank you!

Re: Engagement shoot location near Kingston??

• Ohh nice, I used to live in Kingston when is your shoot?  Now during Winter or during spring/summer?...the season could play a role...see a few options below though I would def. ask your photographer for suggetions considering he is based there!

1.  Poet's Walk in Rhinebeck-basically 2 minutes over the Kingston-Rhinecliff Bridge..so pretty, has gazebos with views of the hudson
    2. Uptown Stockade area in Kingston has quaint streets and some historic buildings..depends on what vibe you are going for...in spring the old Dutch church has amazing tulips everywhere
    3.  In Spring Summer the waterfront in Kingston could even be nice with the sailboats that dock there

Good luck! 
  • I live in Kingston and I love the Uptown Stockade area. The Senate House is very nice to do a shoot so is the Old Dutch Church no tulips in March but it's a  very pretty Old Church. Another place is Rotary Park it's across the way from the Kingston Point. If you walk down a little you will see the Hudson River and there's a little bridge. That will make for some beautiful pictures by the river. Wishing you lots of luck finding a place!! Hope I could have been some help!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards