• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
April 2012 Weddings

Cost / Benefit Analysis

I may go off track a little but hear me out….

At my internship this past summer I have been working heavily in project management. Initially we have to log time on different projects and after the analysis decide if the “costs outweigh the benefit.”

Naturally in the back of my head I have been keeping track of the amount of hours/money/resources I spend on wedding planning and doing the cost/ benefit analysis in my head. Once I realized that I am spending a small fortune on a few hours I now feel there is a war between the little girl in me and the adult. I am still going to keep on trucking with my wedding planning—but I think I can only do that because we aren’t going “over the top” wedding, we aren’t going into debt or pulling money from our savings for our wedding (my parents are only paying for about half). To me the marriage is more important than a day, so we are focusing on what we are doing AFTER the wedding and less on the wedding day.

I guess this is really bugging me lately because my future in-laws keep suggesting new and more elaborate options that I can’t justify the expense, I kindly tell them I don’t really want to pursue that.

I guess I am just wondering if anyone else has had these sorts of nagging thoughts. And how did you handle them?

I hope I didn’t offend anyone, everyone is entitled to their day and to spend it as they see fit.  I have just been thinking about this a lot lately.

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards