New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Photographers -Orange County, NY Area

I am looking for references for a Photographer team in the Orange County Area. I feel this is the hardest thing to pick especially with the cost. If possible I am looking to keep it from 1,000-1,500. We are very down to earth fun couple that wants to capture our day as us and be able to have photos to look back on. We are going to be having our reception at the Stony Ford Golf Course in Montgomery, NY

Thanks for the help! Jen
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Photographers -Orange County, NY Area

• Options
    edited December 2011

Hi!

I wish I could suggest some names, but I think in this area you might need to increase your photo budget a bit. Pictures are the only thing that you will have to look back on after your wedding, so it's one area not to skimp on.

Couple of things - When you say $1500 is that your total for the entire day? Or would you consider a ceremony only professional photographer. Some professionals will do ceremony only for around $1000, but that's only ceremony pictures.

My sister's friend went the assistant route. She called one of the top priced and top recommended photogs and asked what the assistant would charge and if she was available. She was and my sisters friend got great pics at an extremely good deal.

Someone new might cost less, but what experience do they have with weddings?

You could always call schools and ask if the photography teacher would be interested in shooting your wedding.

Just some suggestions. But you might want to look at your overall budget and see where you can pull money from. The knot's budget says plan on 10% of your budget on photo. Unfortunately in this geographic area we need to (usually) spend more than that to get someone good.

Good luck! HTH!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Our photographer, Kim Coccagnia works out of Beacon. She was wonderful, and very reasonably priced. I love our pictures! The package we chose was not in your price range, but I think it would be woth contacting her to see if she could do something in your price range. I know she does lots of elopements, etc... so she probably has some lower priced packages. Good luck!

www.kimberlycoccagnia.com
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    tstegertsteger member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I didn't end up going with him, but Less Howard out of Monroe
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Try LB Foto (linda Bernadic) out of Northern NJ, very reasonalbe packages and very flexible. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We are using Jason Rhee from Northvale, NJ (Northern NJ, right by the Rockland County border, so not too far).  He is great! We did our engagement pictures with him 2 weeks ago and can't wait to get them back.  He has a package that is $1650 and actually includes a decent amount.  I know this is at the top of your price range, but if you want to PM me, I can send you his price list that he emailed to me, which shows everything included.  I actually found him on the Northern NJ boards here on TK.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    HOLL106HOLL106 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We've booked Dan Lungen as our photographer.  Check out his site at www.danlungen.com

He seems like a very nice guy.  Try giving him a call and maybe you can work out a package.  Good luck & happy planning!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Spinwife -

Hello! I saw that you posted about Linda Bernadic. I just met her and I am considering using her as our wedding photographer. Did you hire her for your wedding? If so, were you satisfied? Any information would be helpful!! Thank you so much!

Kati
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards