New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Is it too late to elope....

Just kidding, Just found out my venue Palacio isn't going to be open on time for my wedding July 3.  We found a few places that have our date, the one we like best is the Dutchess Manor in Beacon.  The problem is it is a little more expensive and being only 3 months away we don't have it budgeted.  Anyone have any suggestions on what to do or where else to look?   Or any reviews on Dutchess Manor.  TIA
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Is it too late to elope....

• Options
    ssagessage member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dutchess Manor was in my top 3!  I have always heard good things and I really liked the guy who I talked to (and i apologize but cannot think of his name).  If I remember, the larger ballroom, which is the one we needed, was older and I thought it was very dark...and I think we were close to the max and i was afraid it would be too cramped.  I did like the "newer" (at the time) ballroom but it was too small for our party.  I also wasn't thrilled with more than one wedding at a time.

We ended up going with The Links at Unionvale

http://www.thelinksatunionvale.com/golf/proto/thelinksatunionvale/wedding_specials/wedding_specials.html

It might be worth it for you to check out....she has about 6 or 7 packages now in various price ranges!  We loved the location, Teri the manager, the whole vibe, the ceremony space (which we ended up not using because it POURED) and it is one wedding a day!

good luck to you!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    jamiefourjamiefour member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, I called the Links and they were more money.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    try colonial terrace in cortlandt.  they have more than one room and are extremely affordable.  ask for leon, he's the manager
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Rolling greens was the same price for a sunday. JD is fabulous to work with. I'm soooo sorry you have to deal with this too. I was hoping they would be ready in time for you. Let me know if you need anything.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    POK Grand has great prices and they do a nice job.  I've been to many weddings there.

My sister's wedding was at Dutchess Manor in 2008.  They did a wonderful job.  I know it sounds stupid, but the only thing that anyone complained about (which was my mother)  was that the wedding cake was not put on a fancy stand to be presented/displayed.  It was seriously on a piece of cardboard covered in tinfoil.  Awkward.  But I think they did a very nice job!
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i was a BM in a wedding last march and the wedding was at Duchess Manor, it was beautiful!! My husband said to me, why didn't we look at this place?  LOL and i have no idea why it never came on my list.

Good Luck Jaimie!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks guys.  Threepinkroses, Rolling Greens is booked, I already called them.  I am so frustrated right now, I don't even know what to do.  I will keep you all posted.
  • Options
    hopeful523hopeful523 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Did you see the special package the Links offers for an all inclusive wedding? It's on there packages website and offers a photographer and DJ I think.. When I spoke with Terri about it she mentioned that the DJ and photographer were the ones she highly recommends to use anyway. GL!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Did you try to negotiate with Dutchess Manor?  Being as it is only 3 months away, I would imagine they would prefer to book a wedding instead of having the room go empty.  If you told them your situation maybe they would work with you.  Just a thought...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What about Colden Manor? Also the same price for Sunday.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_late-elope?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:113Discussion:b3933900-b73f-47ea-8667-c1ef14afd465Post:973c6ac2-7c28-4765-b8a3-86ba08b4951c">Re: Is it too late to elope....</a>:
    [QUOTE]What about Colden Manor? Also the same price for Sunday.
    Posted by threepinkroses[/QUOTE]
    I actually looked here and it wasn't bad, not my first choice for us but for the prices they had it wasn't bad at all and the whole thing has just been redone.  def worth checking out especially if you are on a tight budget.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_late-elope?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:113Discussion:b3933900-b73f-47ea-8667-c1ef14afd465Post:8f0647b3-5ce8-490f-a3fa-b7632d950370">Re: Is it too late to elope....</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is it too late to elope.... : I actually looked here and it wasn't bad, not my first choice for us but for the prices they had it wasn't bad at all and the whole thing has just been redone.  def worth checking out especially if you are on a tight budget.
    Posted by chrisnjay05212010[/QUOTE]

After Palacios cancelled on us last month this is where we were going to go until we looked at Rolling Greens. Food is excellent and the place is beautiful. The only thing I wasn't in love with was the fact that it was right on 17K. Have you checked Lippincott Manor? I haven't looked there but their prices were good. Prices were good at Meadowbrook Lodge in New Windsor too, but that was a little smelly to be honest. But maybe they've aired out by now... Slightly off topic, but I really think Palacios should have told you last month that they wouldn't be done. It's not like they really didn't know that things wouldn't be done. My opinion of them is nil at this point. Just really messed up that they screwed so many brides this soon before their weddings.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We got married at Cortlandt Colonial in Cortlandt Manor.  They only have 1 room and they are very reasonably priced.  Evan is the owner who does all of the bookings and he does a wonderful job. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There's Mountainville Manor in Cornwall too...I think that's where it is. I haven't seen it but those prices look reasonable as well.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_late-elope?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:113Discussion:b3933900-b73f-47ea-8667-c1ef14afd465Post:75b22a7e-2a1d-4ed7-b9c6-0435109a997c">Re: Is it too late to elope....</a>:
    [QUOTE]There's Mountainville Manor in Cornwall too...I think that's where it is. I haven't seen it but those prices look reasonable as well.
    Posted by threepinkroses[/QUOTE]

Ive seen the outside of Mountainville and its very pretty. Its on the border of Cornwall/New Windsor.  The prices seemed reasonable until I found out the cocktail hour was an additional cost per head, which made it pricey all together :(
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks guys for all of the suggestions. 
    Three pink-I definitly think that Palacio should have told me this last month but they said they will be open in June but they won't have a liquor liscense in time.  It is just one thing after another.
    I am pretty sure we are going to go with Dutchess Manor.  They gave us a pretty good deal.  I just have to make sure I can get the hotels to switch.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_late-elope?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:113Discussion:b3933900-b73f-47ea-8667-c1ef14afd465Post:1c085c0b-8a43-4d62-b9f6-f5b99059d21a">Re: Is it too late to elope....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks guys for all of the suggestions.  Three pink-I definitly think that Palacio should have told me this last month but they said they will be open in June but they won't have a liquor liscense in time.  It is just one thing after another. I am pretty sure we are going to go with Dutchess Manor.  They gave us a pretty good deal.  I just have to make sure I can get the hotels to switch.
    Posted by jamiefour[/QUOTE]

i hope the rest of the process moves smoothly for you! The wedding I attended/was a part of at the Duchess Manor was beautiful, i'm sure you will have no less!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards