New York-Hudson Valley

Venue recommendation- DoubleTree Hotel Tarrytown

Hey All,
My husband and I were married on October 8th at the Double Tree hotel in Tarrytown. The site is beautiful! They just finished a huge renovation and everything is brand new. We got married in the courtyard at dusk and it was so romantic. All the staff are very knowledgable and helpful. They really helped put our minds at ease. They gave us a great rate on rooms for our guests too! The food for the cocktail hour and reception was delicious and we got so much for what we paid per head! The best is that no one has to go anywhere so you don't have to worry about shuttling your guests anywhere you can do ceremony, cocktails, reception, after party, and hotel rooms all in one place!

Re: Venue recommendation- DoubleTree Hotel Tarrytown

• edited December 2011
    You forgot to mention the cookies.  Don't forget the cookies at check in, I love the cookies.
    My husband and I have stayed there a few times and they are always great.
    Glad you had a great wedding day.
  • .jae..jae. member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't get married at the Double Tree, but I used it for my room block (and I stayed there after the rehearsal dinner and on the wedding night.)  I have to agree, they were amazing. Our guests had zero problems booking and they gave us a great price. On my wedding day, they were soooo unbelievably helpful. We had some last minute issues and they were SO accomodating. They let us use their printer for the table numbers (we forgot them at home) and they let us use other things that we needed that had been forgotten/lost.

Finally, after the wedding, I thought I had lost my bouquet in the lobby. It had a family heirloom wrapped around it, and I thought it was gone for good., Turns out the hotel workers had found it and kept it for me in their refrigerator. I almost cried when they told me they had it. It was so great of them to do that.

And yes, everyone loved the cookies :)
  • katiefinn03katiefinn03 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi,

I just booked my wedding in the Doubletree.  I was thinking of using their spa for my hair and makeup.  Did anyone use their services?  If so how did you find it quality/ price wise.

Thanks!
  • vienna1121vienna1121 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i used the spa for hair. my lady was great and very reasonable. i forget her name, she has an italian accent.  eva, the spa owner out of the marriott is a little shady. make sure you write down exactly the price she tells you.  i had a makeup trial there and my makeup lady was HORRIBLE.  i told her i wanted to look natural and i would up looking like a geisha. needless to say i did not hire her and my sister did my makeup.  the trial was at the marriott but the hair dresser came to my room at the doubletree the day of the wedding.
  • vienna1121vienna1121 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    price wise my hair for the day of was 125 for half up half down with curls. my trial price was 50.00 i think?? 
  • pam3881pam3881 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

My husband and I got married on July 24, 2010 at the Doubletree Hotel.  The food, staff, and everything else was wonderful!
    Linda Ferone was amazing and worked with us so that our special day was a reflection of what we wanted.  Everyone is still talking about our wedding!
    Would recommend the Doubletree Hotel in Tarrytown to everyone!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards