New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Wedding Websites/Pivate-Public Information

Hi everyone,

I post here very sporatically, not sure if that defies the laws of knottie etiquitte, but I thought this would be the place for my question:

I'm trying to find a wedding website host to put all of our information for out of towners.  I don't like the idea of password protected because really, I don't think anyone will remember it.  What I'm more concerend with is search engines like, google and the weddingchannel (which seems to get your info. from everything.)  I would rather our information be accessed only by people who have the exact web address we would provide on a STD. 

Any suggestions??

Re: Wedding Websites/Pivate-Public Information

• Options
    katiefinn03katiefinn03 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did mine through Google.  It is very user friendly and easy to use and it is not easy to find if you don't have the exact site.  I can send you the link if you would like.
  • Options
    probablykateprobablykate member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you make a website, google will find it eventually, although how prominently it shows up in search results depends on how common your names are (or whatever people are searching for).  The wedding channel I believe gets your registry info from the places where you register (but I think you do have an option to tell them not to report it). 

What are you afraid of?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    eclibraeclibra member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
      Not afraid, but I'd like to avoid lurkers.  I understand people will be curious, the same way I'm curious about other's wedding plans.  I just really do like my privacy a lot, and I always have been that way.  I wouldn't put it past a creepy ex boyfriend to leave a message in the guest book either, he once put a key logger (sp?) on my computer.  It saves your passwords so he could check them later.

Someone mentioned that if I just didn't use last names, they website wouldn't be found.  I think they are on to something.

Thanks Katiefinn, could you send me the link?
  • Options
    katiefinn03katiefinn03 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sent it to you through a private message!
  • Options
    eclibraeclibra member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards