Massachusetts-Boston

Custom dress maker near Boston

Hey everyone! I'm looking for someone to make a custom wedding dress near Boston. I don't want to spend more than $3,000 hopefully. Has anyone had their dress custom made, or know of a good place to go that isn't ridiculously expensive?

Re: Custom dress maker near Boston

• edited July 2012
    Hey everyone! I'm looking for someone to make a custom wedding dress near Boston. I don't want to spend more than $3,000 hopefully. Has anyone had their dress custom made, or know of a good place to go that isn't ridiculously expensive?
  • ems27ems27 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2012
    Sondra Celli! haha, I don't know how much she charges.  The gypsy dresses cost a ton, but she could be worth checking out; she might be able to work within your budget.
    June 2013 August Sig Challenge
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited July 2012
    hmm I wonder if she even does non-gypsy dresses? i guess it doesn't hurt to ask! :)
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_custom-dress-maker-near-boston?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:f2287640-bb9e-4e2a-bf71-89972d19a66ePost:6f291199-03f3-4708-8acb-a12ddb0101dc">Re: Custom dress maker near Boston</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sondra Celli! haha, I don't know how much she charges.  The gypsy dresses cost a ton, but she could be worth checking out; she might be able to work within your budget.
    Posted by ems27[/QUOTE]

This was my first thought!
  • Check out Maria at Sabella Couture. She does a lot of custom work. She did my alterations and she was fabulous!
  • I actually recently found a fantastic dressmaker on Tremont St. in Boston and I am having my dress made for the Fall of 2013.

Maria (Owner) is designing and so far I couldnt ask for a more confident, un-controlling, ready-to-listen and adivse/help, and fashion forward person to help me make my dream dress. And for under what I told her my budget max was (under your max just as an FYI). I gave her the figure and she made sure to keep within my means, and I didn't end up feeling like I sacrificed anything. They also have designer dresses that you can try-on/buy for shape/style/fit. But I am definitely getting mine custom made. So excited! If you go in tell her I sent you, hah!

Leah VanWhy
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards