Massachusetts-Boston
Options

gift idea, opinions please!

Good or bad idea for bridesmaids gift....my thinking was that none of them are married, or own their own home....so they definitely dont have one.http://www.personalizationmall.com/Wedding-Memories-Personalized-Bud-Vase-p5126.prod?sdest=search&sdestid=0

Re: gift idea, opinions please!

• Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    very cute but I'd rather you pay for my hair and makeup
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    or something from Tiffany's
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Eh, sorry to say I don't think its the best idea. Maybe something more practical that they will use...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't love it.  I probably wouldn't use something like that.   I wouldn't necessarily mind a vase as a gift, but I would want a plain one, without my initial on it.  I like very few monogrammed gifts, though so I would generally prefer a nicer quality item without one.  But you know your bridesmaids better than we do!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Not a fan.... to me, it reminds me of the engraved glasses you'd get when you went to the prom.
    *Kelly* MARRIED to the love of my life October 17, 2009!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    super lame...sorry.
    Kate ~ Mommy to Matthew 3/29/07 & Kylie 12/30/08 & Chase 3/31/11
  • Options
    jenvaletjenvalet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I personally don't like things that say "bridesmaid".  I liked things that are useful or personal.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think they're cute!  I'd love to get one if I were a BM!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the feedback....still sorting through ideas. Id like to know what did you guys get your girls in the wedding party? Im on a really tight budget at this point and Tiffanys is not realistic. Any other suggestions?  They already have their jewelry that they will wear (and probably never wear again, so thats not very useful) my mother is paying for their hair updo's. so Im open to all ideas (as long as its affordable!).TY
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How about something that is geared towards their interests (a cookbook for a foodie friend, spa gift card for overworked mom friend, etc.)?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I bought my girls tote bags from LL Bean- I got them at the outlet, so I got them for a very good price.  I am giving them their jewelry for the wedding, a pair of flip flops for the reception, a bit of a "survival kit" with things for the day of the wedding, and then a bottle of their favorite perfume. 
    *Kelly* MARRIED to the love of my life October 17, 2009!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards