Massachusetts-Boston

shell/starfish boutonniere's

Hi all! Can anyone recommend someone who make boutonniere's make out of shells and or starfish? I am not using flowers for my guys, since my wedding theme is beachy and the ceremony is at a lighthouse. Thanks for your suggestions!

Re: shell/starfish boutonniere's

• edited December 2011
    For something like this, I would check on etsy.com
  • edited December 2011
    search www.etsy.com There were a lot of results for "shell boutonniere".  Here is one of them.
    Kate ~ Mommy to Matthew 3/29/07 & Kylie 12/30/08 & Chase 3/31/11
  • edited December 2011
    You could probably make these really easily - there's a post on some at Style Me Pretty: [url]<a href="http://www.stylemepretty.com/2008/10/30/diy-project-8/" rel='nofollow'>http://www.stylemepretty.com/2008/10/30/diy-project-8/</a>[/url]
  • edited December 2011
    Are you getting married at the Scituate lighthouse?  It's so pretty there.  I took some great pics of my son up there one day...gorgeous for photos!
    Kate ~ Mommy to Matthew 3/29/07 & Kylie 12/30/08 & Chase 3/31/11
  • Sarah1514Sarah1514 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I actually made mine! I went to AC moore and Micheals, be sure to bring a coupon for 50%off then buy a pkg of pins and hot glue them! very easy... i even took a big starfish and glued it on the ring bearer pillow too. believe me i'm not crafty but i had fond them for $10 each and needed 10 of them and refused to pay that much. GL!
  • edited December 2011
    I don't know how dead-set you are against using flowers, but we used 2 calla lilies wrapped with some beach grass using a blue ribbon, then attached a single starfish to the ribbon.  Pic in bio if you want to take a look. :)
  • edited December 2011
    walknbytheH2O - your pictures from your wedding are beautiful!!!! I loved those ties. I'm getting married in scituate harbor, but I saw those ties online at Vineyard Vines and love them! Vineyard Vines has great stuff. I'm just not sure a cape cod tie goes with my wedding (but I did grow up on the cape soo...) anyway, I got off topic - love the boutonniere's!
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you!  The guys loved the Vineyard Vines ties.  Maybe if you don't want to do the little Cape Cods, you could find something else (I think Vineyard Vines makes a tie with little lighthouses on it - could be very cute if you're having your ceremony at a lighthouse!).
  • try Google it works for me I'm doing a beachy theme as well and was wondering about the shells and starfish and there were so many sites that I went on and showed me how to do it myself
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards