New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Groomsmen Gifts?

I heard of giving groomsmen the same thing so they can all wear on the wedding day, I heard give each person something individual to them to be unique. But...I am lost, there is alot of nonsense when looking up groomsmen gifts like flasks personalized crap. I am getting my best man a customized bobblehead, If there weren't so expensive I would do all 6. 4 are hunters, 1 is an electrician and likes to work on old cars. Clueless as to what to get thats no cheesy lol. I was thinking a decent watch but they have watches, my friend gave sunglasses since wedding was in summer. Any suggestions. Thanks

Re: Groomsmen Gifts?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Do they like to play golf?  You could get gift certificates to a local golf course. 

My cousin gave each guy a yankees fitted cap with their nickname embroidered on the side.  That could be an option, with a favorite team.  They were all yankees fans and wore the hats during introductions.
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    ssagessage member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My husband gave sunglasses at his last wedding LOL.  We wanted to do nice watches but none of his GMs wear them.

We too had a varied party and wanted to personalize the gifts.  His 2 brothers are hunters/fishers, not into sports.  His BM and other GM are into various sports and  camping.  So we did a cooler chair type thing for all (from the knot shop) and figured the hunters and campers would both be satisfied (all loved it). See here:

http://weddingshop.theknot.com/weddingwarehouse/ProductPage.aspx?scId=Groomsman Gifts(KnotShop)&pId=P2636(KnotShop)&cId=Attendant Gifts(KnotShop)&cTypF=&sscId=OutdoorGifts3(KnotShop)

Then, we bought his 2 brothers their hunting/fishing licenses (loved).  BM got an autographed photo of his favorite NASCAR driver; the other GM got a really nice collage of his favorite hockey team (there is a name...it isn't a "cell" but i can't think of it...almost looks like a painting but isn't).

Anyway, everyone loved the personal touch and pretty much, they all got different stuff except for the cooler/chair thing
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Very interesting. Well my Best Man I am def getting the customized Bobble head dressed as a chef for him (it will be hysterical) My other groomsmen have watches, They are hunters but they have all the neccessities for hunting since they have been hunting for 10 years. I checked the knots site for ideas and nothing clicks yet. I am going to keep checking around. I am thinking about the personalized money clips since they usually toss money in their pockets with rubberbands like the typical italian lol.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We gave the GM Michael Kors watches.  My brother never used to wear watches but now wears this watch almost every day!  I know DH's best friend wears the watch pretty often too.  The other 2 GM I'm not sure about but I figure for how often I see these 2 wear them we did pretty good ha!  I like the idea of personalized gifts but it can be hard to keep the same value with very different items (you don't want them thinking you spent way more on one gift than another).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yea I liked the customized bobble head idea since it will be unique to each Groomsmen. It ends up coming out to 550 for all the groomsmen I think I am going to go this route. 2 GM have Michael K watches and my cousin gave out bracelets out. I figure everything has been been there done that. I think i'm leaning more towards the bobbleheads. My BM is my brother and I think he'd love the bobblehead as well. I still have time lol. Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards