Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Alternatives to the Champagne Toast...

Does anyone have any creative ideas for toasting at the reception besides champagne? Is anyone doing an open bar, a price limit or other beverage service? FI and I are trying to decide what to do. TIA

Re: Alternatives to the Champagne Toast...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Our venue is giving a champagne toast free to the bridal party, but our coordinator said it would be cheaper to do bottles of wine instead of charging the $3 a glass (it was pretty awesome of them to say that) so we are just going to do bottles of wine for the toasts
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're having an open bar, so we're not going to do an additional champagne toast.  We're doing what our coordinator called a "raise your glass" toast.  Whatever you've got in your glass is what you toast with.  You could do several different things for bar service- open, partial open (beer and wine only, or certain times only, or open until you hit a certain dollar amount), cash, limited, none... it's up to your preference and what your venue will accommodate.  I've been to many weddings and I've seen just about every kidn of bar you can think of, and it always worked out.
    *Kelly* MARRIED to the love of my life October 17, 2009!
  • Options
    EricaE14EricaE14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My FSIL wanted everyone to be able to toast, kids included so she did a "shirley temple" toast for everyone in attendance.  I had never heard of it before, but thought it was a creative, fun idea!Ours is included in our package, but if it wasn't we were going to opt for the "raise your glass" toast!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ditto to kels post. we did "raise your glass" and oit worked out just fine (and saved us close to 2k in cost). If we hadn't we were going to do a wine toast so whatever your preference is! GL
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're doing an open bar and a raise your glass toast as well.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    open bar and raise your glass for me as well...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We didn't do a champagne toast per se, but champagne was available for those who wanted it.  Most people toasted with wine, since the wedding was at a winery.  Our bar was open all night.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're doing a champagne toast and open bar. We thought about a price limir but we worried what would happen if we went over the limit before the night was over- we didn't want the bar to close/turn to cash bar.
  • Options
    h+j6510h+j6510 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    open bar and "raise your glass" toast, as well.  most people take one sip of the champagne and then just leave the rest.  doesn't seem worth the money to me, especially since our budget is tight.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards