New York-Hudson Valley

VENDOR REVIEWS: 7/22/11

Just got married and going through the night here's the vendors I used and what I thought about each of them..it helped me to read other reviews so hopefully it'll help you!

Church: Sacred Heart Church, Monroe, New York
We worked with Father Tom who was awesome! He's sweet, organized and really personalizes your wedding...the music director Peggy Nass? Not the best singer so be prepared for that! I don't know if you can use someone else either...

Reception: Round Hill House, Washingtonville, New York
Awesome! We got married on Friday..it was a 102 degrees! I felt horrible and sweaty the entire day, they were awesome! Very accommodating, very sweet and caring and very relaxed. They were great!

Flowers: Flowers by JoAnn, Washingtonville, New York
She's an awesome person but the flowers were OKAY. Mind you it was 102 degrees and my husband:) says that needs to be taken into account but my flowers were wilted and browning when they arrived:( Also, she delivered stuff to the wrong spot, and although fixed before the ceremony, it was a stressful moment to get it fixed...not the best.

Dress: Botticelli's in Bronxville, New York
It was alright. I still don't feel like my dress fit as perfect as it should have. The best advice I can give when it comes to this is to stick to your guns, go with what you want and don't take anyone else's opinions to heart..I wouldn't go there again. I'd go to Kay's in Middletown, my mom got her dress there and they were awesome!

Limo:
DO NOT, DO NOT, USE GOLDEN KNIGHT LIMOUSINE!! PLEASE!!
It was the worst experience ever. From not having a working ac to no water in the limo, getting lost and totally being horrible it was SOOOOO BAD! Seriously tell everyone you know. It was the worst experience ever.

Photographer: Todd Johnson, Come Together Studios
Although I don't think he does photos in the Hudson Valley anymore he is the most amazing person ever! Awesome, amazing and perfect! Perfect! I can't say enough kind words about him and his work absolutely the best!

DJ: Larry of Much Music
Larry the Dj was great! he's on top of his game, was prepared to change up music and will work with whatever you want him to do. He's great!

Hope this helps!
Marie

Re: VENDOR REVIEWS: 7/22/11

• edited December 2011
    Congratulations! I'll be getting married at Round Hill House next summer, and wanted to ask, how was the AC in the place? I know it's an older house, so that's a bit of a concern to me.
  • edited December 2011
    I love Todd! i wanted to book him for my wedding so bad, but he said he moved upstate! However, i am using his old partner Kelvyn Peralta. 
  • pinkrn19pinkrn19 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at Sacred Heart! My FI and I lived in Manhattan for years but plan on becoming members at this church. Already met with the priest and have our date set! Did you get married in the older church or the new one? The new one is so beautiful! I've never seen the other.
  • omarieoomarieo member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey ladies:)
    AC at the RoundHill was good:) Now like I said i think, it was July 22nd, like 104-108 or something ridiculous so it was still a little warm but totally fine...I got married in the big church at Sacred Heart and the pics came out beautiful! the smaller church is a but older, more intimate but not as nice and the AC is not as good..I love Todd too! he was by far the best part of my day! Good luck to all of you! It goes by really quick..everyone says so but you will find the end of the night approaches quickly and all your vested efforts, time and stress are all over so seriously, try to enjoy every. single. minute.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards