Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Airbrush / Spray tanning?

Hi ladies,I am getting my engagement pics done on August 11th and wanted to get a healthy glow.  I am a vary pale girl-to the point where my own father, who I see once or twice a year, asks me if I am sick.  So I want some color, but was thinking of doing airbrushing because I have never been spray tanning and don't want to mess it up right before my pictures.So I have a few questions for anybody that has done airbrush/ spray tanning...1) Which did you do? How did it come out?2) How far ahead of time did you do the tanning and how long does it last?3) Can you recommend any particular places?TIA for any help!!

Re: Airbrush / Spray tanning?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry I can't recommend any places, I've only been in a spray tan booth two times years ago and that location has since closed.The booth didn't come out great... even with the crazy poses you do and the lotion and everything, it still came out streaky and blotchy, especially on my wrists, hands, and feet. It only lasted about 4-5 days, and I went two days before the prom. I have heard good things about the airbrush tanning though. I'm right there with you about the paleness... I have used gradual tanning lotions and those are good because if you start to see areas that you missed or put too much, you can fix it the next day.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got the spray tan done 2 years ago at Tanorama. i believe it costs $30 and it worked really well for me. I was told the best thing to do is not moisterize for at least 24 hours before to make sure you dont get spots. I got it done on a Saturday morning and by my sisters wedding on Sunday it was good and dark. FYI you can not shower for four hours after you get it done and it has a little smell to it so plan ahead.
  • Options
    spizlett410spizlett410 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks girls!  I booked an appointment for Saturday...but my Engagement pics aren't until Tuesday...they said they could make me a littler darker than normal so it last.I am a pale pale girl though- so too dark could be bad!I am excited though
  • Options
    e77leigh5e77leigh5 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am very pale myself. I turned an orange shade of "tan" I think my fiances words were UMPA LOOPA. I do not recommend it. My friend did it the same day and she was ok. But she also has an olive complexion
  • Options
    laurie1417laurie1417 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know you booked your appt already but i just saw your post and had to comment... I did the mystic tan at darque tan in swampscott MA, i am very fair skinned (very irish) and told the manager that I was worried about turning orange. she assured me that I would only get a nice brown glow. Well I can assure you, that nice glow I got was a wonderful shade of orange that made me look like a freakin fruit! I was warned by two different friends who worked at tanning salons in other places that my fair skin would likely turn orange but ignoring their advice i did it anyways. If you dont have a couple of weeks to make sure that it looks ok you may def regret it. My only advice to you is to do a test run with it and if you like it, schedule your engagement pictures for a couple days after you go again for the second time. I really really really dont recommend it to anyone with fair skin. Good luck with whatever decision you make!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards