New York-Hudson Valley

Vendor Reviews for my July 14th Wedding

Venue:

Doubletree Hotel, Tarrytown

They did an amazing job, the price was right and the venue took care of everything.  Linda Ferone made my day perfect from start to finish.  We had the ceremony there, as well.  The hotel accommodated our rather rowdy, loud and large family without hesitation.  I highly suggest you look into the Doubletree for your next big event.

Dress:

Fontana 

In the beginning stages, Fontana was amazing…in the middle they made me a little nervous.  But, at the end of the day, everything was fine and my Mikaella dress was absolutely gorgeous.  Three Stars.

BM Dresses:

Amelia’s Bridal

The ladies at Amelia’s Bridal are lovely, they had patience and professionalism with an opinionated bunch of women (13 to be exact).  Four Stars to Amelias!

Flowers:

Sutton Florist, New Rochelle

Sutton EXCEEDED my expectations and did an AMAZING job with my flowers.  They were more than I could have ever envisioned or believed that I would get for my wedding day.  They are so sweet, from the day I walked into their shop, I knew I was using them and that I would be forever grateful and have such wonderful memories of my flowers.  I highly recommend Sutton.  Try them out, they WILL not disappoint you. 

DJ:

Planet DJ of Yonkers (Now currently in White Plains)

We hired Auggie and Joey at the LAST minute and were given their names by a good friend of ours.  We waited so long to hire an American DJ because we originally were going to go with an Albanian DJ (husband is Albanian), we decided to change this at the last minute when we were worried that the Albanian DJ would not have the American music that we wanted to hear.  Auggie and Joey took us under their wings and did a phenomenal job at our wedding.  They tore it up, they did the best job!!  We even made them stay and play for an extra hour.  Highly impressive and know EXACTLY what they are doing!!!

Photo/Video:

Adriatic Studio of Brooklyn

Decent, definitely not the best or most professional but not awful.  Definitely got our moneys worth, as I had priced around and was unable to find a package as cheap as theirs…

Photobooth:

Funtime Amusements-Yorktown, NY

We got our photobooth through a living social deal for $450.  I was a little worried about how it would look or be, but at the end of the day, it accomplished its job.  I have hilarious pictures of guests in the photobooth and it was a total hit. 

Favors:

Haute so sweet, NY NY 

Cakepops, everyone said they were delicious!  I did not get mine!!! I think I left it on the table L  They were gorgeous though!

Makeup:

Color Makeup Studio, Christine Alia

Christine is super talented.  She did an amazing job on my makeup and her assistant did such a great job with the ladies.  Everyone was beyond pleased! 

Hair:

Salon 877, Ardsley, NY 

Jenn from Salon 877 did my hair.  She is awesome at what she does, she took her time and made sure my hair was PERFECT, and it was.  I highly recommend her!  Clarissa at Salon 877 did my sister’s hair and that was also gorgeous.  All the ladies looked great thanks the Salon 877!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Vendor Reviews for my July 14th Wedding

• thank you for this review!!! i'm looking for a florist in New Rochelle so I'll have to check out Sutton! 
  • Congratulations
    I loved christine with color makeup studio also.
  • Congrats!!!! Thank you for your post, my fiance and I are getting married next year & I need vendors. I am Albanian and my fiance is American, so the the dj needs to play both types of music. How did Planet DJ do w/ the Albanian music? 
  • Mia,  Planet DJ's did great...we provided them with CD's for Albanian music.  My H's sisters did this for us...we played about 10 Albanian Songs...they are long so we did not want to be enundated with that music.  This definitely upset some people but ultimately, it was our wedding and we paid for it.  They probably still have the CD's, I dont think we asked for them back at the end of the night.  Definitely contact them, they are awesome. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Mia:
    If you have any other questions shoot me an email, rachael7183@aol.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I was looking at Planet DJ's did you have to give them a lot of guidance for Albanian music. My fiancee is albanian and it seems that either way we go we will have to give guidance.
  • We were also in contact with Adriatic Studios, but wound up never meeting with them. Do you think they did a good enough job that you would tell other people to hire them?
  • I was looking at Planet DJ's did you have to give them a lot of guidance for Albanian music. My fiancee is albanian and it seems that either way we go we will have to give guidance.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards