Massachusetts-Boston
Options

MOH planning on bringing her 1 year old to wedding

124»

Re: MOH planning on bringing her 1 year old to wedding

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I love a good debate! Thank you girls for keeping it interesting :) Good luck Mara with whatever you decide to do
  • Options
    Scarlet856Scarlet856 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mara,I second Evs. Its a tough situation to be in, believe me I know from experience! I hope that it works out for you and your whole bridal party! A lot can change over the course of the year! GL!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Is everybody PMS-ing today?
    imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I saw your other post too, and understand that a babysitter might not have been in your budget. But don't panic. It doesn't sound like she was saying that it was too much stress for her to be a part of your wedding. Telling your MOH that you could replace her if it's too much stress is going to hurt her.You said in your other post that you're uncomfortable about this because your FI's son will be a part of the ceremony but not at the reception. So, he's old enough to "run around", then. A 1-yr old will barely walk. If your MOH is comfortable finding someone on her own to watch the kid, or you can help her, great. If not, the kid needs its mom. Or, its dad. Aren't you inviting your maid of honor's live-in boyfriend, the father of the kid? He could take the kid to bed when it was time, and your MOH could stay with you longer.A little extra advise, take yourself a little less seriously when it comes to accommodating others...a cousin just married a woman who did not speak to her pregnant bridesmaid the whole time before the wedding, and during the wedding did not allow her to change out of a dress that was making it hard for her to breathe. The WHOLE family was angry. Please don't be that inconsiderate to your MOH.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Its a whole year away so I'll let the cards fall. I've learned I should say I'm venting so that my emotion does not get in the way of my question.While I was typing, I think you got it. :-) You are right on, so good for you on taking that much-refreshing attitude
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ok I am SO late to this but I have some thoughts.1) Someone can wear a camo-cat-burgeling outfit to my wedding, and i would give an ounce of attention to it. Died.Laughing.So true.2) OP came around but if I had been here for her first few posts I would have been 'meaner' than some. Some of that shiz was redonk.3) I hope I am never one of those mothers who does not feel 'comfortable' leaving my children for one night. If my MOH suggested a babysitter I trust her. I also judge others who are that freakish about their precious little rays of sunshine. I can't wait to see them when their kids turn 16.4) The whole kids at weddings thing blows my mind. If you want 'em great. If you don't, you have every right not to have kids at an adult function. Those offended need a life apart from their kids.yaya! I love something apart from rainbows for a change on this board :)
  • Options
    Ali&TimAli&Tim member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I shouldn't even post because no one's gonna read it and I'm so late on this, but its always like Meaghan is reading my mind ....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards