Massachusetts-Boston
Options

List: People/Things you can't stand.

Re: List: People/Things you can't stand.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    "but do you really want to be a chicken marsala bride?" SERIOUSLY? Wow.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    RosyPosyBrideRosyPosyBride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am really not trying to be ignorant. I just honestly do not get how people refuse to make this the biggest and best day of their life. And where are peoples parents when it comes to helping them? It is just as much a reflection on the entire family as it is on the bride and groom. Sorry Megann if I po'd you some how. I don't know what I ever did to you. Were you one of the girls I told it was inappropriate to have a cash bar and cheap out? No one liked me for that one but it is the truth, read any etiquete book. I am sorry if your priority is to have a borderline wedding. But god forbid you all judge me for wanting nice things and having them
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Disko bride-- wow. I'm not sure I could have held back with so much grace as you.  What an awkward conversation!! And RoseyPosey--- you have to be kidding me if you really believe what you just posted.  Screw all your money-- because no matter how much you have, you can't buy your way into everything.  Certainly not grace and at this point, online (strangers for all intensive purposes) friends, or a brain.  I can't wait to see how your lack-of-a-care- in- the- world will turn out for your pretty-pretty princess day. ps: we're serving chicken.   
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yes, seriously jthenniger, I bet you do then.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    "I am sorry if your priority is to have a borderline wedding." Just wow. That's all I can come up with to respond... I leave it to evesidl and company to come up with more fitting responses.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Rosy, my wedding was fabulous and filled with love. My goal was not to express to my guests how much money I had. But if filet mignon makes you feel better about yourself and how people perceive you and your wedding, I wish you luck in life.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Rosy, no one is judging you for having a nice day. In fact, there are other brides on here who are (gasp!) spending more than you. We are judging you for being ignorant to the fact that not everyone or their families has that much money. And, I hate to say this, since I am solidly middle class, but all your bragging makes you sound like new money and is rather tacky. Basically everyone things you're a crazy biatch for not understanding that for some people, 100K is a lot of money and they can't even come up with that. I can't.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Rosy - you are RUDE.   There are things called budgets. Sorry all our mommies and daddies can't pay for everything. I think my wedding is more about my friends and families celebrating the new step I'm taking in my life - not about how deep my families wallets are. Sorry you can't say the same.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it's gross that meat makes rosy feel better about her wedding.  anyone. anyone.   
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    "And where are peoples parents when it comes to helping them? It is just as much a reflection on the entire family as it is on the bride and groom." Seriously?! For as long as I can remember my parents haven't been able to go much more than a year without one of them being laid off. There were times that my brother and I had to give them money to help support them. How dare you think that all people have money to throw around! It's time to get off your high horse.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I realllly realllly don't think you want me to respond. I was in a fighting mood this morning judging from the start of this post but in reality I should have just answered "Rosy" to people/things you can't stand.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ev, I knew you'd come through :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    And JThennigar-- don't you dare even explain your wedding anymore to her--- yours was BEAUTIFUL.  I keep going back to you pictures in your bio and loving every min of them... and I don't even know you. ;) 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, ev! We had an awesome time. I can't wait to see yours, as well!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hahahaha, awesome EV! Maybe someone has some Freudian issues?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree EK, she reeks of new money.  LOL.WTH is wrong with chicken marsala? 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Haha-- this is fun.ps: girls, I've gotten like 3 min of work done today.  Now i'm on to designing my decidedly tastless name cards for the reception.  I say decidedly tastless because I'm spending about $25 to make them.  By Rosy's standard, I may or may not be hosting at a homeless shelter. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well, I must be an EPIC wedding fail in Rosy's book because we're not even serving dinner - we're having a cocktail reception. But the rehearsal dinner will have filet mignon - so does that somehow make me better? I hope people are picking up the irony I'm throwing out. Evs - I never realized meat had a social standing. Where does salmon rank? What about tuna? And could chicken graduate to an elite class if it's served with a caviar topping?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ps- Rosy, I spent $235,984,296.14 on my wedding. I think this mean we can be friends now and that we are obvs the best brides here right?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Meaghan, sorry. You're .06 short. You needed to have spent $235,984,296.20. Guess you're relegated to the rest of us commoners.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Girls - I love you.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am not shocked at all that this turned into you making fun of me for my opinions. You all rave over 25 dollar place cards but then pick on me for spending a ton on other things. It makes no sense. If anything you are all just jealous and feel defensive because of your lame choices. I could care less if you have a 25pp BBQ wedding. Just call a spade a spade. Don't dress up a Boston ballroom and wear your David's bridal dress and serve chicken. Those thing do not add up and look out of place/And yes, meat has rankings. If you read menu prices you know this.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Meaghan you're disgusting. I would never spend less thank $3B on a wedding. I am going to request a separate Boston board so i don't have to even be in the same message board as these pleebs with their beer and wine bars and CRAFTS...icky!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    See Evs, I wonder why this is. Personally I find chickens to be substantially more intelligent then cows. I believe YouTube even features a chicken playing a piano. Have you ever seen a cow play the piano? Chicken - now that's brain food!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My wedding = FAIL. Obviously.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Rosy, no one is giving you a hard time for how much you're spending on your wedding (other brides have spent more).  It's your attitude.  FWIW, I'm still not convinced Rosy is a real person.  No one is that clueless.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Could you all please be more inclusive with meat rankings? What if I am serving lamb or pork? How much less of a person am I then Rosy?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    And Rosy, I'm sorry you didn't pick up on my obvious sarcasm. And I do agree with you to a point (shocking!) you should be honest and upfront - but honesty can turn into cruelty real quick if you aren't at least respectful of other people's feelings and situations.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh F.  We served pork!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My goodness-- what a good way to put that erilou.  I believe your right: Smart Chicken: Stupid beef:
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards