Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Aquarium Wedding?

Any one have pics of a NE Aquarium wedding?Or have you been there for a formal event? DH had his prom there but he is no help since he is such a boy and noticed basically nothing/was wasted like an idiot.Wondering about smells and noises specifically as well.

Re: Aquarium Wedding?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Leah good to know! How did the professional pics come out? Was the darkness/shadowyness of the aquarium cause problems?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I considered a wedding there. There was some restriction about no dancing or really light music only... for the animal's sake. [IMG]<a href="http://bellsandlenses.com/Photos/MainGallery/Club%20Pic%20025.jpg" rel='nofollow'>http://bellsandlenses.com/Photos/MainGallery/Club%20Pic%20025.jpg</a>[/IMG]
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jen, do you remember their price point at all? Was the noise restriction for the building or the tents or both?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    [IMG]<a href="http://tinyurl.com/kljgtz" rel='nofollow'>http://tinyurl.com/kljgtz</a>[/IMG]
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    [IMG]<a href="http://tinyurl.com/l9g67x" rel='nofollow'>http://tinyurl.com/l9g67x</a>[/IMG]
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry, Miss Meaghan! I don't remember if it applied to their tent area, too. The lady I contacted was slow about getting back to me. It was over a year so things might have changed anyway. Are you having an event there? The setting would be cool!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks anyway Jen :) It is good to know basics. My MOH's close college friend is looking to get married there and was wondering real life opinions on the place. I would looove to have an event there though. I think it is such a cool place!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I looked into this place for my RD.  I got ridiculous quotes, so I quickly put a kibbosh on that idea.  I would super envious of anyone holding a reception there - it's just fantastic and unique.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding at the Norwalk Aquarium in Norwalk, CT. Honestly, it was fabulous. They have a function room and it's really pretty when it's all decorated. I was skeptical at first, but it fit my friends' personalities and it was one of the most unique weddings I have been too. It wasn't noisy and it didn't smell weird. The food was great...luckily they didn't have a sea food option. All in all, it was unique, and done very tastefully.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Omg, clearly I can't read....I didn't see the "NE" part of the NE Aquarium and I got all excited because I saw Aquarium wedding. My goodness it's been a long day, disregard my post since it clearly has nothing to do with what you are asking. Whooops.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Actually dawn, I live in Norwalk, CT right now, so I am interested in that as well :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think we are long lost twins or something. I will be going to my friends wedding there in November and went to one there a few years ago. I lived in Norwalk too, right in Sono! I love it there! Norwalk is actually where I met my now DH...Black Bear, the Brew House and Stew Leornord's were my fav. hang outs. We also almost had our wedding at MV too since one set of my grandparents lives there, but decided against it last minute. So many coincidences! I'll email my friend who got married at the aquarium to get some photos that I can share. Sooo funny, though, what a small world.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    umm dawn, I think we are meant to be! hahahI live right near 95 over by St Anns, but I can literally walk to Sono if need be. And, I work at the country club right by calf pasture beach.Where do they have a house on MV? DH and I dream of owning there one day.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used to live on Van Zant in East Norwalk but then realized that area was slightly sketchy so I moved to Elizabeth St. which was like two blocks away from Washington St. and the center. It was wonderful. I seriously miss is so much, thus you must let me know next time there is a GTG in the area...I will go even if I have to miss work and drive up from DC! As for the g-parents, they live in Edgartown right on the water. It was gorgeous, and we would have done the wedding there but my brother was in the navy at the time so we were trying to plan everything around his deployements and by the time we knew when he would be around on specific dates, most of our "top options" were booked there. I would love to live there someday too and absolutely love going there. My other set of grandparents live in CC in Hyannisport so I wouldn't mind settling for a house there either, haha. As long as I can somehow get a house on CC, I will settle for whatever. We should do the name game sometime...I went to school not too far from Yale and worked for the Yale after graduation for a brief stint. I also used Yale's study abroad program to go abroad when I was in undergrad so I know a bunch of people from there. We should do the name game sometime...Between Walpole, Yale and Norwalk, we have to some some of the same people.....I am envious of you right now that is such a nice area and really good people...i miss it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    sorry that was wordy...i blame it on the wine. ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hahah no worries. I am SURE our name game could get very interesting. We will def let you know next time we have a g2g!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Meaghan,I found an old email from the NE Aquarium. The prices are actually not out of reason if I understand it correctly. For up to 200 people, it was $3800 + $9000 F&B minimum in the main exhibit area. Entrees from $28-$68 pp. There was no cost savings between a Friday or Saturday. HTH.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards