New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Castle/Garden Venues!

Hi guys,

I've been venue-hunting for several weeks and, while I've seen some promising places, I haven't found anything I've truly fell in love with...

Until I accidently discovered the Mt. Woodson Castle today, which would be perfect if it weren't in California! =( 

So I'm looking for some affordable venues that are very similar to this -- one event at a time, a rustic and imperfect elegance, beautiful gardens/grounds for a ceremony and indoor reception space. Outside catering allowed and a country-estate-atmosphere would be a huge plus too.

Does anyone have any recommendations? Due to our budget I can't consider anything too extravagant (like Oheka Castle in Long Island, which I've heard averages 100k per wedding).

Thanks!

Re: Castle/Garden Venues!

• Options
    Jasmine&RajahJasmine&Rajah member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited June 2012
    Which venues have you considered already?  Have you visited Lyndhurst Castle in Tarrytown?  It's not rustic, per se . . . but it's gorgeous.  Same goes for Castle on the Hudson, but I don't know if they allow outside catering.  Another "castle" is the Whitby, in Rye.

Le Chateau in South Salem might also be an option to visit, but again, not sure about the catering.

I loooooove the look of that venue you linked to!
  • Options
    I'm getting married at The Thayer Hotel at West Point, sort of reminds me of what you're going for! I'm very happy with everything so far :)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Lyndhurst is really nice, and they have a tented area by the carriage house that I've been to weddigs at - its a great place.
  • Options
    Caitlin gardens in slate hill
  • Options
    kimcheekimkimcheekim member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited June 2012
    Catlin Gardens and Le Chateau are some of the venues I'm considering =] Thanks for the suggestion of Whitby Castle! It is not only beautiful but affordable so I will definitely inquire about that. The only thing I'm sad about is that the interior walls are red from the wedding photos I've looked at... which has a lot of potential to clash with most color schemes. But I'll worry about that later down the road.

The problem with venues such as Cat Rock and Lyndhurst is that they don't seem to have an indoor reception space, and FH and I aren't keen on tented receptions just because of the lack of climate control, the unpredictability of Spring weather over here, and simply because it doesn't match our "vision." A pity because I really fell in love with those venues as I looked through their photos.

julyxoxo - I thought it was so funny for you to mention the Thayer Hotel because FH is a West Point alumni! Despite my suggesting that they may offer alumni discounts for holding it there, he was very against it. I can't see why though, the campus is absolutely beautiful!

Some other local venues I've been admiring are Beardslee Castle - rustic/historic aura but FAR from NYC, and Castle on the Hudson, which we are almost certain would go over our budget. X_x 
  • Options
    I am getting married at Reid Castle in Purchase this August... it's relatively under the radar for weddings and it is BEAUTIFUL. The pictures you can find online do not do it justice. Go look at it
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards