Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Hotel recommendations

Hey ladies!Haven't posted in awhile - hope you all are well. It's coming to that time in the planning where I need to book hotel blocks - yuck!- about 75% of my guests (125+) will be coming from out of town so this is definitely a huge task. I am looking for reasonably priced hotels in the Cambridge/Boston area. We are planning on busing all our guests to the venue since most everyone is from out of town and Boston is a more fun place to stay then Topsfield. Do you have any rants/raves on hotels in the area? TIA!

Re: Hotel recommendations

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Not sure where Topsfield is (not so great with the MA geography outside of the general Boston area) but if it is West the hotels in the Seaport District are right off 90W.  We had our wedding and stayed at the Seaport Hotel.  We loved it.  I know other guests stayed at the Renaissance Hotel and Intercontinental.  One downside is its not really in the center of things - so if your guests want to see Boston somewhere in the Back Bay or more downtown would probably be better. We stayed at the Radisson for my 21st Birthday in the Theatre District - that was reasonable and a good experience.  We stayed at the Parke Plaza hotel for my bachelorette party in the Back Bay and that was another really great hotel.
  • Options
    jkeprosjkepros member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're going to use the Copley Square Hotel & the Holiday Inn & Suites Cambridge.  The HI is $110 LESS/night than the CSH.  It's 2 blocks from the Lechmere stop on the green line & 3 blocks from Cambridgeside Galleria.  We were able to get awesome deals with both hotels by negotiating through hotelplanner.com (you say the dates and approx number of rooms you want, and hotels send you their bids!).  We were between the CSH & the Lenox for the "nicer" hotel bc we're getting married on Newbury St and wanted something close, but we went with the CSH because the price they gave us was a bigger discount from their regular prices than at the Lenox (FI is very big on getting a good deal) and we LOVE their renovated super modern look.  One place to stay away from is the Doubletree on Soldiers Field Road.  The "best quote" they gave me was just $10 off their regular price--when I went to their site, I was able to book a room for $70 less than what they quoted me.  Even after I told that to the planner, they still wouldn't lower the rate.  I thought originally they'd be good bc they have suites, a free shuttle around Boston/Cambridge, an indoor pool, and a jazz club, but they were TERRIBLE.The HI we picked is in the middle of being renovated--will be done in November.
    Yay! Finally able to update my signature :)
    by Shannon Sorensen Photography
    My hubby & I rock the frock.
    Bio
  • Options
    julesy9julesy9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! I saw the hotel planner site yesterday but wasn't too sure it was reliable. I will definitely check it out now :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Omni Parker, Radisson and Hilton in the Fin Dist gave me quotes of $189-199.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check the John Jeffries House in Beacon Hill--great value. Also, the Marriott in Kendall Square was a dream to work with... good luck!
    imageimage BFP #1 7/2011 natural m/c at 11.5 weeks. BFP #2 3/2012 ectopic pg, MTX at 7.5 weeks. BFP #3 10/2012, EDD 6/24/2013 over the moon to be expecting our baby girl in June!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've got a block at The Park Plaza. The rate is $149 a night and it's right In the middle of everything.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Definitely check out the Hotel Marlowe in Cambridge.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards