Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Color dresses

Hey everyone,Thinking about doing a non-white dress as my wedding dress. Something that is constructed like a wedding dress, with a train and some volume on the bottom, maybe some appliques (although I am partial to unfussy dresses without beading or lace) but just in another color. Maybe plum or lavender, or sage?If anyone knows of any decent dressmakers or a place where I could find a quality constructed dress that's of that kind of construction, I would appreciate the help! It's very difficult to find something good enough off-the-rack and I'm wary of picking a dressmaker out of thin air.

Re: Color dresses

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Maggie Sottero does  dresses in non-traditional colors.
  • Options
    JmuirheadJmuirhead member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Really? What kinds of colors do they make? Their website is not very easy to browse for specific styles.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
     They do dresses in rose, lavender, and ice blue. They also have a gold color. If you go to "Collection" then choose "View All" a search box should pop up. If you search for "rose" it should pop dresses that are available in that color. HTH!
  • Options
    JmuirheadJmuirhead member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you! I like that lavender color, it's too bad they don't have more choices available with purplish or greenish colors. There seem to be a lot for rose, I like the color on "Nicole" but I'm not sure it fits with my wedding. I really appreciate the help!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You could check out Wai Ching dresses (wai-ching.com)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to the Great Bridal Expo Show yesterday and they showed a couple of Demetrio's colored dresses.  I just looked online and I don't know how they organized their colored collection, but it seems that Sensualle line has some light colored dresses.  I noticed that in the description of the dresses, they didn't specify which colors are availble, but if you like their styles, I'd seek them out and see if they make the dresses in the color you want.One of the dresses that they showed was in pink that maybe you'd like: http://www.demetriosbride.com/us/index.php?page=collection_sensualle&styleID=2322HTH!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh! Also, when I was dress shopping, I visited Bride-N-Belle in Medford and they asked me if I had considered  colored gown, as they have seen an increase of brides asking for colored gowns.  Perhaps you might want to pay the store a visit?  I did see several colored gowns there and I am sure they could direct you to dresses if you had a particular color/style in mind.  They have a very big (and good) collection of dresses in that store (I couldn't browse through all the dresses in 1.5 hour I was there), but be warned that it is not the neatest and newest bridal store.  I found the people nice enough, though. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards