Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Great Bridal Expo

Anyone else go to this yesterday at the Park Plaza?? My mom and I went and to be honest it wasn't that great, which surprised me. There weren't alot of vendors, (only one florist). Fashion show was ok, though a couple of the models seemed like they were spaced out and kept coming out at the wrong time lol.I thought this was a BIG show? I went to one a few years ago with a friend who was getting married at the time and it was at the Hynes. THAT was a nice one!Oh well just wanted to see what everyone else thought.:)

Re: Great Bridal Expo

• Options
    coreywalkcoreywalk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I totally agree, I was disappointed. Though I did like a few of the dresses in the fashion show, and the band was phenomenal, the number of vendors was extremely low and I don't think I got very much from the event.
  • Options
    Jellen29Jellen29 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I felt the same way. I did check the vendor list before the show though, so I had some idea of who would be there, but I figured since I had free tickets I might as well check it out. What I really need is a florist, so it was disapointing that they only had one florist at the show, not to mention one of the more expensive ones in Boston. And it was such a small space to have the show, you could hardly walk around without bumping into people.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    the show was eh ok... the fashion show was boring but I got to see my photographer there and say hello so that was cool... maybe the next one will be better!
  • Options
    MellisanneMellisanne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I felt exactly the same way. This was BIG? This was an EXPO? My poor FI was not impressed...I was lucky enough to drag him along during Sunday football. The variety of vendors was small as was the room. The best things we found were the VIB and VIG stickers! It was not a loss though; we spent the rest of the day exploring Boston.
  • Options
    sprinkles2003sprinkles2003 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Same here, the only things I really need still are a florist and a limo. They only had one of each.Side note, did anyone else pick up one of those scratch and win cards from wedding wire?  I scratched it, and there's a numerical code that I'm suppose to type into weddingwire.com and see what I won.  But now that I've set up an account there, I cant find ANYTHING where I can enter the dang code?The card said "Everyone wins between $50-$5000" or something to that effect.Anyone else pick one of those up and figure out how to enter it?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was going to post about this and see what you gals who went thought of it, too.  The line was soooo long and there weren't that many vendors there at all, which I was surprised, as well.  With all the hype about how great the show is, I kept thinking maybe they had more vendors in another room, but FI assured me he looked, and the room we were in was all there was.  Also, what really irked me was that they charged $6 to have printed labels to use for entering vendors' sweepstakes, etc.  I didn't pay for it and it was so inconvenient having to write your contact info over and over.  We liked the band at the show and the fashion show was ok, and I agree, a couple of the models were spacing out or something and totally didn't look like they wanted to be there.   And what's up with the hats?  I hated them. lolI'd have been pissed if I had paid for the tickets. :P  I'd have to say that the NE Bridal show was wayyy better.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Jellen29Jellen29 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    To the question above, go to this website: http://win.weddingwire.com/ And type in your code there.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It worked, thanks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What did you win? I won a $50 GC to Adorn Bridal...
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yup, same thing, I guess they're a jewelry rental site? Hmm..I dunno, I think I'd need to see what I was wearing for jewelry more than a few days before the wedding?
  • Options
    Jellen29Jellen29 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    haha I won the exact same thing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards