Massachusetts-Boston
Options

suckerpunch

I just got a text message from someone I really care about that they cannot come to the wedding. Yes, text message. When I got their RSVP I was over the moon with excitement. Now.... I'm trying really hard not to cry. He said maybe they could come up and visit when it gets warmer up here... I would really love that but will it happen. I'm so in the dumps right now. That's 8 people in the last week who have said they can't come last-minute.
Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: suckerpunch

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I know how you feel.  We had 4 people drop out 2 days before the wedding.  We only had about 76 people -- so it was a big number for us.  You feel crummy in the beginning -- but when it comes down to the actual day, you forget about those who didn't make it...and just focus all of your attention on those who did. With the last minute drop out, I added more cake.  Good deal I thought. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    aww hun i'm sorry. :( We had the same thing-- only it was 12 people who called the last week-- 4 on Friday afternoon-- saying they wouldn't be there for our Saturday afternoon wedding. Don't be in the dumps- your getting married soon!  You have a great photographer who will capture every min for you, and memories to last a lifetime. ;)  if it makes you feel any LESS crummy... my shi**y grandfather (totaly capable of travel) decided to be one the 12, and let us know that friday, that he wasn't flying up from Baltimore for the wedding.  He called my dad (his son) to let him know out of the blue that he was traveling to NC to have thanksgiving with them.  Really?  You can travel for a dead bird, but you can't muster the energy for your first grandchild's marraige? nice.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I can't tell you how much I *get* where you are coming from. We had a TON of people drop out at the last minute, and a lot of people (specifically, my entire extended family) just decided not to come in the first place---still a major disappointment. It is really hurtful, and I totally feel for you. I was in a constant state of tears the weekend before our wedding over it.But I have to agree with PP here--you won't feel it on your wedding day. You will be over the moon that day with joy and excitement and maybe some nerves, but you will feel great. It's a sad shame that these people are missing out on it, but for the time being, keep your chin up! It is THEIR loss! As for you, use the money you'll save on their dinners for a new pair of shoes or a nice dinner out on your HM :-) <3<3
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We also had several last minute no's. Eight I think. It sucks at first but everyone's right. This weekend, you'll be totally in the moment and all the worries will melt away. Or in my case, get washed away by the rain........
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, guys. You are really helping me feel better. :) The other thing is, I've been steeling myself for this frame of time for a long time: I knew I'd be PMSing Sunday and today, and normally that really helps me compartmentalize how I feel from what is really going on in real life. But the recent wedding-related disappointments have been REALLY hard to compartmentalize yesterday and today. I'm trying though... thank you so much for the added perspective!! Seriously, you guys are great! I especially like the new pair of shoes idea. :-)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I feel for you- we're dealing with a really lousy turnout ourselves. We invited 268 people and won't even break 150. My best friend isn't coming. It's a huge disappointment.
    *Kelly* MARRIED to the love of my life October 17, 2009!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    FutureMrs- don't worry my date twinny I can relate! It's so hard not to get upset about these things. But I found its helpful to have a freak out, tell 2-3 people and rant and then just let it go. Everyone who has been through their weddings sound so right- you won't even notice. May upset you now but on your day it'll be the last thing on your mind :) Stay strong! We will survive until the wedding with only a few major meltdowns!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards