Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Thanks Killian!

I made a delicious apple cobbler dessert last night.  Thanks for the great recipe!  It was the easiest thing I've ever baked - ever.  I think next time I'm going to be a bit experimental and add either oats or dried cranberries to the dough.  Yay or nay?I also made apple sauce, which I'll use for this week's pork dishes.  ....and now I still have about 30 apples left!!!  DH wondered how that was possible, considering the quantity of baked goods coming out of our kitchen last night.  I think I'm going to use them as edible decoration on my coffee table and dining room table =)

Re: Thanks Killian!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Or... you could melt some caramel and dip them... and cover them in sprinkles and nuts  :)  Oh man those are my all.time.favorte.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    yay!  glad it worked for you!  You can definitely add cranberries.  Just add a little more sugar to the filling to compensate for the extreme tartness.  Sounds yummy!  :)  The recipe works with any fruit actually.  You can do it with blueberries, or peaches, or whatever is in season.  You could try oats to sub some of the flour in the dough.  I haven't experimented it with that.  It would add some chewiness I bet, and make the result a little like a cross between a cobbler and a crisp.  I love apple crisp too, so that would probably work well.  You may have to play with the quantity of milk to get the texture right, since I don't know how much liquid oats absorb compared to flour. 
    imageimage BFP #1 7/2011 natural m/c at 11.5 weeks. BFP #2 3/2012 ectopic pg, MTX at 7.5 weeks. BFP #3 10/2012, EDD 6/24/2013 over the moon to be expecting our baby girl in June!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    fool--the apples will keep for 3-4 weeks in your fridge, so be patient with them.  An apple a day for you and your DH, and they will be gone in no time.  Put them in your crisper drawer with a damp paper towel.
    imageimage BFP #1 7/2011 natural m/c at 11.5 weeks. BFP #2 3/2012 ectopic pg, MTX at 7.5 weeks. BFP #3 10/2012, EDD 6/24/2013 over the moon to be expecting our baby girl in June!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    October - that's right up my alley.  Do you know what kind of apples would be best?  I have macintosh, golden delicious and granny smith left. Killian - I've never heard of that before - sounds like an Alton Brown tip!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ohhhh how I love the apple! Golden Delish and Red Delish are my favs! I still have TONS of apples left as well! Even after making 2 Apple pies!!! I think a nice warm apple crisp with a scoop of vanilla ice cream is in my future....To bad I'm at work, todays weather would be perfect to bake! :)  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards