Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Getting a New Drivers License

Anyone recall how long it took to receive the new license in the mail? Do they give you a paper temporary one? Just curious. TIA.

Re: Getting a New Drivers License

• Options
    edited December 2011
    It's not exactly the same thing, but I went to the RMV on 9/25 to convert my out-of-state license, and I got it in the mail on 10/3. (FI went on the 24th and got his on the 1st.) They did give us temporary paper ones.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    They did give me a paper one and I got the real one in three business days - couldn't believe how fast I got it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the info. I am off to the RMV!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think mine took about a week...  Heads up - you have to take a new photo when you do a name change.  I hadn't been expecting that!
  • Options
    tiffspfftiffspff member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When I moved from out of state it took a week. I just went to get a new license yesterday with my name change. Hopefully it doesnt take long. I don't like the stupid paper license. It feels fake to me. And I always feel like someone's going to challenge me on it.
  • Options
    MrkyrainMrkyrain member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just went through this. I didn't have to take a new photo. You get a paper one and then it took about a week for the real one to come in the mail.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards