Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Have you been Zoomed?

FI and I just got Zoomed this morning and I'm so excited about the results BUT these zingers are killing me! There's no rhyme or reason around when they'll happen but oh boy are they painful.If you've been Zoomed before or had something similiar - how long does this last? Did you do anything that helped?TIA!

Re: Have you been Zoomed?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    That sounds interesting.  I dunno what it means.
  • Options
    Shazzie116Shazzie116 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Teeth whitening, right?
  • Options
    sunshine1084sunshine1084 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Haha - I'm sorry, I should have clarified. It's a 1-hour tooth whitening service done in the dentists office. It's pretty intense and because of the bleach the nerves in my teeth are super sensitive :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    lol.  OOOoooooooohhhh!!!!!  hehe.  Yes, yes, Ive heard of it.  I've not done it, but I've done the Crest White Strips and I couldn't use them for more than 4 days.  They KILLED! Sorry.  I'm no help.
  • Options
    jkeprosjkepros member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did it earlier this summer.  I think the sensitivity lasted about 5-7 days or so.  I used Sensodyne Pronamel toothpaste for a few weeks afterward, which helped.
    Yay! Finally able to update my signature :)
    by Shannon Sorensen Photography
    My hubby & I rock the frock.
    Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've been whitened but not Zoomed...that sounds better!The sensitivity lasts about a day...breath through your nose and not your mouth - keep it closed so the air doesn't hit your teeth :) You can try rubbing senstive toothpaste on your teeth but it is only a temp. relief.Make sure you drink coffee and dark sodas through a straw for the first two weeks - and no red wine. I'm sure they told you that!It is totally worth the pain in the long run :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I did the Zoom treatment - as PP's said, my pain lasted about 24 hours. Advil helped, but not much. I was disappointed in the results though - my teeth only stayed white for a couple of weeks. But, we may actually do something similar (Smile Brite) just so we have pearly whites for the wedding, since it's inexpensive. I'm going to get the trays from my dentist (costs 5 times as much, oy...) after the wedding is paid off in a couple months. I hear those are best for long-term results.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I zoomed Tuesday....   It looks great, and I have no sensitivity at all.  BUT my lips are killing!  I think they were burned with the bleach a little :0(  They will be fine for Saturday, but I was worried about it yesterday!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards