New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Holidays are over =(

Re: Holidays are over =(

• Options
    probablykateprobablykate member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ugh.  I was lucky enough to have last week off from work, and now I am not happy to be back.  I told my FI last night I feel like I'm getting back on the hamster wheel.  I have a full week this week, with work and classes started again today, and commitments two other nights this week.  I am just trying to focus on the light on the end of the tunnel since I'll be done with classes in 6 months and am applying for some new jobs.

We had a fun New Years Eve at a friend's house.  For the 3rd year in a row they held a white elephant party, which is a great cheap way to celebrate the holidays with all of our friends.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I am really sad it's all over bc i  aswell had the last 10  days off  & im not happy to be back to work :(

for the NY we went out to dinner and watched the ball drop at home with some friends.Now that the holidays are over its time to jump back on the weight loss wagon & lose some serious weight before our cruise.

• Options
    MYLOVE315MYLOVE315 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm bummed - I had 2 full weeks off...it went by in a flash. Thought I did good with working out - at least until I stepped on the scale this morning! arrrghhh I can't even begin to tell you how pissed I am!

NYE was ho hum...My FI had to work and he was really tired when he got home. He cooked a romantic dinner - King crab <yum /> and we just hung out.  I'm not a big NYE fan anyway so it was just nice to hang out in comfy clothes. The older I get the more I hate the winter!

I'm taking a break at work because I haven't stopped since I got in. My boss keeps reminding me of my countdown...All I wanna say to him is uhhhhhhh thanks for NOT giving me at least a christmas gift card for all that I do for you and your effing family ya blow hard!
    I'm over it.

Still getting use to writing 2011
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just some advice from personal experience - you cannot let the scale defeat you or your motivation, there are so many other factors - such as the positive you got up and exercised! =)
  • Options
    ssagessage member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was off since 12/23...had a great first christmas with my daughter, hubby and family....met my niece who came home to us from russia...and then, i got that wonderful bug that was going around, got a fever...had to have my mom come help me (my dh works crazy shifts).  It was horrible.  Spent NYE home with the baby.  Gave her a bath...that was exciting!

Feel like i got cheated out of my vaca due to the illness...or really a few days of it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We stay at home. Don't like to be out driving with irresponsible people. We had friends over for dinner, I fell asleep early!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we had a quiet New Years. We took my parent's out to dinner and then stayed at their house with my sister and nieces. The four year old stayed up to midnight and had more energy than anyone!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards