Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Need some help with Boston venues

I got engaged about 2 months ago now and am starting to check out venues.We're planning on 9/4/11 so we have some time.My fiance's family is mostly from out of town (Indianapolis) so we want to keep it close to boston. Some ideas I have so far are below, any feedback on them would be much appreciated!We're having the ceremony and reception at the same place and would like to maybe have part of it outside, even if it's just for the cocktail hour or photos. I'd like to be by the harbor or the river, but it's not essential.We'll have about 125 people most likely and have a medium budget.The Liberty HotelThe Commandant's House (charlestown)Royal Sonesta (cambridge)The AquariumThe Science MuseumHotel MarloweThe Exchange CenterThank you!!!

Re: Need some help with Boston venues

• Options
    edited December 2011
    You might also want to consider the Hyatt in Cambridge.  It's right on the river and has awesome views from the Charles View Ballroom.  We're getting married there in April and they've been great so far.  They have a courtyard for the ceremony or cocktail hour, and also have a terrace on the riverside of the hotel that you could also use for cocktails.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    As pp mentioned, Hyatt Cambridge. See my bio for pics.
  • Options
    terrax82terrax82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We ended up going with the Hyatt Harborside because much  of my family was nervous about having to drive IN the city... so now if they don't want to touch the city at all they can just fall off the highway to get here and jump back on to get out... but if they get brave, there's the water taxi or the t that can easily take them in!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Liberty might be a tight squeeze for 125. I went there and saw it set up for 120 and it looked packed. FI and I loved it and were so sad to cross it off the list.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second the Hyatt Harborside!  Its on the harbor and has the best view of downtown Boston. Our wedding is there in July.  We are having the ceremony outside on the lawn overlooking the harbor/city and then our cocktail hour is on their patio. The room we are having the reception in (hold up to 160) has an entire wall of windows overlooking downtown Boston and the harbor. Also, Megan there is GREAT to work with!
  • Options
    kates2480kates2480 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love the Museum of Science!!! I went to a wedding there the end of august in a hurricane and it was GORGEOUS! ceremony was under the pavilion and reception in the tent, loved it all. GL and congrats!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got married at the Intercontinental Hotel in July, and it was incredible!  They are right on the harbor, and we did pics outside.  My pro pics are here if you want to take a look:  http://www.pictage.com/659508  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There are a few hotels that I would have loved to check out, but my wedding will have about 200 guests and the below can only accommodate up to 130 (at least in the rooms available on my date)Omni Parker HouseThe Lenox HotelHotel CommonwealthI hope that helps!
  • Options
    kellaukellau member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We looked at many places you have mentioned. We were married in The Conservatory Room, which the Seaport Hotel use to own, but can make arrangements. ...it is across the street from the Seaport. Reception was in the Lighthouse Room at the Seaport. It is a pretty room and does not have a ballroom, low ceiling room.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You might also want to check out the Seaport Hotel. We had about 125 people for our wedding and used the Lighthouse Room. You can check out my bio for various pics (mostly under Reception) as well as the slideshow our photographer put together (link in siggy) or our finished album proof (link in bio under Vendor Reviews by the photographer) to see what it looks like. They were amazing to work with (review in bio as well), and I highly recommend them. [URL] http://www.seaportboston.com [/URL]
    Kristen & Matt - June 27, 2008
    We're married!

My Bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards