Massachusetts-Boston
Options

JPs in South Shore, MA

Does anyone have a reccomendation for a JP in the South SHore who incorporates both Jewish and Catholic traditions?  Also, what is the average cost of an officiant?  I feel lost about this aspect of the wedding!

thanks,
d

Re: JPs in South Shore, MA

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Tom Welch is on the South Shore, and he'll completely customize a ceremony for you. He's great - gets rave reviews on here all the time. We used him and he incorporated a beautiful handfasting ritual into our ceremony - which was something very personal and important to me. Sorry I can't remember what we paid though... good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Another vote for Tom Welch.  I'm Catholic and DH is Jewish, and Tom worked with us to put together a ceremony that incorporated the bits and pieces of each tradition that mattered to us.  You should definitely check him out.

http://www.welchweddings.com
    Kristen & Matt - June 27, 2008
    We're married!

My Bio
  • Options
    telmacarolinatelmacarolina member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Third for Tom Welch. He is absolutely great! Our ceremony was beautiful and he is a very nice and pleasant person!
  • Options
    bmoruzzibmoruzzi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I found that the price range for JPs was pretty big.  I talked to one who wanted $500 which I think is ridiculous if you're just doing a rehersal and then a short ceremony.  The woman I hired is actually out of attleboro, but willing to travel to so. shore.  We're getting married in Cohasset.  Her name is Mary Gill.  She's only charging us $150 for both rehersal and ceremony (no meeting in between).  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards