Massachusetts-Boston

Wedding Bug Studios or The Pro's

Has anyone used or know someone who has used Wedding Bug Studios or The Pro's for photography or videography?  Any feedback would be halpful.  Thanks!

Re: Wedding Bug Studios or The Pro's

• edited December 2011
    The Pros, even considering my short time on here, is generally considered a company you should run from. I have seen several posts asking about the Pros and everyone warns against hiring them.

I have never heard of Wedding Bug Studios.

If you'd like some references, I looked into several photographers in the Boston area with great reputations before settling on mine. Private message me if you'd like more info.
  • courtchacecourtchace member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Ive heard bad things about both, also if you put any of your info on their sites just to look around, they will hound you for months. I learned that the hard way when I got a random email from them and signed on their website to see what is was all about. I had no intention of hiring them since I was already looking at different photogs but now they constantly call me!

• CapeMJA84CapeMJA84 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Run from the cookie cutter corporate sites and go local.  There are a TON of great local independant photographers and many here on these boards will be very excited to share their experiences with them.  My favs when I was searching were Berryphotos, Dan Doke and Bharat Parmer.  
  • jaimelassjaimelass member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Wedding Bug is part of The Pro's.  The Pro's is their parent company.  I am in contact with someone and asked why it said on their site they were voted Best of Weddings on The Knot when it wasn't showing Wedding Bug as winning.  They explained they are part of The Pros (they have the same contact info also.)  Here is the response I got "The Pros Entertainment is our parent company and the one who you will find on The Knot and on the Better Business Bureau.  This is why when you make a payment, it will say The Pros on the statement.  Although we operate under their umbrella, we are different in the sense of our packages and process."  Hope this helps!  I decided to go with Wedding Bug, with the raw footage DVD only for 4 hours. 

• edited December 2011
    Hi there, I am considering using Wedding Bug for photo and video. I saw that you used them for photo. We're you satisfied? I'm just looking for feedback before I book them next week. Any help/suggestions are greatly appreciated! Thanks Fawn Janco
  • I've heard iffy things about them, but no one has sad that they've used  them and had a bad experience??  

I'm so confused!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-boston_wedding-bug-studios-pros?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:89Discussion:165f5ce1-ffc0-4e98-8360-bd283de383bbPost:169c60d4-c379-4d00-84bd-049dffef8cbd">Re: Wedding Bug Studios or The Pro's</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've heard iffy things about them, but no one has sad that they've used  them and had a bad experience??   I'm so confused!
    Posted by Pburke2010[/QUOTE]

I am debating using weddingbug this aug and found only positive reviews from people who used them, people saying negative things that haven't used them so I am torn.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards