Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Any one use this shop in waltham? La Reine Bridal

I would like to know your experience there or any other good experience at other bridal shops? Where should I go or avoid with in the boston area? Thanks, erica

Re: Any one use this shop in waltham? La Reine Bridal

• Options
    edited December 2011
    They have gotten some terrible reviews on this board. Last year a knottie had an almost disaster with her dress and the shop was no help at all.

Personally, I went there and had a terrible time. First they lost my reservation so I had to wait, ok not that big of a deal. Secondly they finally put me in a room and then didn't visit me for another 20 minutes, not really ok. Thirdly, they brought me 5 dresses, all of which did not fit what I had described, and then did not stick around to help me get into them or see if I liked them or not.

I totally get that they were busy but they still had terrible customer service and weren't apologetic at all. If I plan on buying my wedding dress at store I better be treated like I'm worth something and not a waste of their time.

Basically, not a fun time shopping there at all.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I also had a bad experience and I didn't even go there. I called to find a bridesmaid dress. They said they had it. I asked if my sisters could come in at different times to try on the dress and she said no and that they all had to come in together. I mentioned that one of my bridesmaids is in Amsterdam, another in Atlanta, another in NY and just one of them is in Boston.
    Her response? "this is Boston honey, a lot of people here are from all over the world. We can't change the rule for one person."
    That's when I hung up and decided to take my business somewhere else. If they were doing that on the phone, I can only imagine what it'll be like in real life.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    megandjaymegandjay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know some people have had bad experiences, but I had a good experience there and they had a great selection (I got my dress elsewhere). 3 of my closest friends and my cousin bought dresses there, all for under $1200! And none of them had any issues.

I might reference Kleinfelds- where I had a terrible experience, and on Yelp you can see half 1 star and half 4 stars for Kleinfeld's.

If you are serious about buying a dress (not just browsing) and want a large affordable selection, I would definitely recommend this place- even despite the other negative revews. You can always ask to speak with the owner if your consultant is not doing well.

I would not recommend them for bridesmaids dresses.
  • Options
    heleng5heleng5 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought my dress there and had a good experience
    they have many dresses in all price ranges
    Judy was great and she actually pulled the dress that I ended up choosing
    I had two dresses in mind when I went there but ended up not liking them on me
    I ordered my dress in March and was told it would take 6-9 months, but they called me in June telling me the dress has arrived.  They let you leave the dress there until it is time for alterations.  She told me I can have it stored there until the day before the wedding if I wanted to

Although I have to say before I started working with Judy, when I first got engaged last November, I was told by the other girl (Jennifer I believe, not sure) that I was "rushing" when I showed up without an appointment.  Yeah my wedding is not till July 2011 but you don't tell a potential customer that she is rushing right?? I went back because I live close-by and it is convenient for me and they have the designers that I was looking at.

hope this helps
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards