Massachusetts-Boston

Looking for a DJ/Lighting company

Good afternoon,
   I am in search of an entertainment company that provides both DJ & lighting packages. I have a quote for one in Boston but the sales person was very pushy and was trying to sell me everything they have instead of listening to what we are looking for....does any one have any recommendations?? I live in Ft. Lauderdale but will be getting married up in Boston because I am from there.....any help will be greatly appreciated Smile

Re: Looking for a DJ/Lighting company

• abilifymeabilifyme member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Although we did not end up going with them, we did look into Groove Entertainment for lighting (they offer DJ services to).  If you go onto their website, you will see the types of lighting they do - gorgeous, but a little over the budget we wanted to spend.  Also, the sales person was not pushy at all.  GL!
    "If I were your wedding, I'd be sleeping with one eye open... " - Bride Wars
  • edited December 2011
    My lighting company, RC Uplighting is BY FAR the most affordable in the Boston area. I am getting 20 uplights for 600 dollars and the lighting guy stays the entire reception to fix any problems that may arise.

Although he does not provide dj services you won't find anything cheaper than him. He gets rave reviews on this board and does fantastic work.

It'd probably be cheaper in the long run to find a separate dj company. There are a lot in the Boston area that do a fantastic job. I'm personally using Curtis Knight DJ company and they have been great to work with.
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with Octoberbride - Highly recommend RCUplighting. They are a husband and wife duo that are so great to work with and they'll go out of their way to make your day perfect. You can see our lighting in my Married Bio and we also got a confetti bomb through them to end the night

www.rcuplighting.com/

For DJ, we used DJ Shyne/Jeff Mader from ECF Entertainment and he was just perfect - Couldn't have been happier with his work at our reception.

www.ecfentertainment.com/
  • abilifymeabilifyme member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Yes...I forgot to mention that we will likely be using RC as well.  They have the best value for what you get and they come highly recommended by our other vendors.  Definitely worth looking into if you want to keep costs in check.

"If I were your wedding, I'd be sleeping with one eye open... " - Bride Wars
  • edited December 2011
    i was just at my fiance's coworkers wedding this year and they used beat train productions and they did the music and lighting as a package.
    Irish *wife* on Nantucket, lovin' the island life with the love of my life! image
  • edited December 2011
    i forgot to mention the dancing and music was incredible and the creative lighting really set a nice tone. so i am recommending that company.
    Irish *wife* on Nantucket, lovin' the island life with the love of my life! image
  • edited December 2011
    I used Greg Capozzi from C-Zone music for my December wedding.  He recently started providing uplighting as well.  I haven't posted reviews yet (I really need to get on that!), but let me tell you... Greg was A-MAZING.  I kid you not, my dance floor was packed before dinner was done being served and was packed the entire night. 
    The uplighting was also perfect- and the price was soooo good. 
    Email if you'd like more info- I can also send you the link to my pro-pics if you'd like.
    ljnarey@hotmail.com
    12/12/2009
  • csun060797csun060797 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am also using Greg from CZone.  My wedding is in September but we loved our meeting with him.  He is flexible, knowledgeable and so friendly.  As the PP he is a DJ and also has uplighting.  He also plays the sax if you enjoy that type of thing. 

This maybe a bit far away but Chris from Sound Xplosion is a Dj and does uplighting.  My friend has booked him and his rates are great! 
  • BostonGirl82BostonGirl82 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am also using C-Zone for my October wedding. Unfortunately, Greg was already booked for our wedding date so we are using someone else in his company. In my experience, they have been really professional and not at all pushy. When I first inquired about their services, I requested information on DJ, live instruments (for the ceremony & cocktaill hour), and uplighting. I ended up booking just for the DJ services because we are paying for ourselves and trying out figure out if the other items fit our budget. We are going elsewhere for live music, but the uplighting will be a last minute decision. He said that is not a problem and he gave us a really great rate for the uplights. Obviously, I know the uplighting will be nice, but not as nice as the companies who specialize in it, but I think it is a great alternative.

• cms1031cms1031 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Has anyone heard of Ariadne/Bosch Multimedia Company? They do everything but I am not sure if they are worth it since they were extremely pushy towards me...

Thanks for all the info. I have just contacted ALL the companies and will let you know Smile
  • edited December 2011
    We are using South Shore Entertainment in Braintree for our July wedding.  Pat Lally is our DJ.  We got a great deal for the lighting and DJ compared to the other places we called.  Pat has been very responsive and has answered every little question I've had.  I'm so glad we picked Pat and South Shore rather than one of those big companies.  I can't wait!      
  • AvidDJ-NEAvidDJ-NE member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey There -

My name is Eric Dawson and I own Avid Entertainment DJs.

I partner with Boston Sound and Light and I get untouchable package prices which will include 5 hours of a DJ and the lighting you need.

Check out my website - www.aviddjne.com

I can arrange a meeting with you and your fiance as well as Boston Light and Sound.

Congrats and Good Luck!
    Eric
    978-866-2883
    www.aviddjne.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards