Massachusetts-Boston
Options

XP: would you think this is weird

If you went to a wedding that there was a cake cutting but the cake wasn't served as desert?

Our venue has a desert built into the menu and we're on a tight budget.  FI and I aren't really cake people but want the traditional cake cutting picture.  I know its silly.

What we were thinking is getting a 6 inch cake to cut on a pretty stand and give out cupcakes as a favor with a mini fork in the box. 

What would you think of this?

Re: XP: would you think this is weird

• Options
    HockeyFan4HockeyFan4 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i think if you have a cake to cut, with cupcakes for guests it will be fine.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it is an awesome idea. I wanted to do somethng like that, alot of people do not even eat the cake, but my dad said no, even though we are paying for it...lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I don't think it's weird at all! A lot of people get a 3 or 4 teered cake and only the bottom one is actually cake. The rest is styrofoam!! Then they serve other desserts instead... :)

• Options
    bmoruzzibmoruzzi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sounds good to me.  I'd rather eat a cupcake.  Most of the time I don't like the cake at weddings.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have been to a few weddings where this is done, and I think it's fine. I love cake, so we are going with the traditional 5 tiered cake with fondant and the works. But if I hadn't found a really great affordable baker we probably would have done this.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards