Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Wedding guests uploading pics?

I was wondering if anyone set up a site to have wedding guests upload their pics from the day. what site did you use? and how did you inform the guests of this? also, did it end up working out well (did a lot of guests post their pics)? Thanks!

Re: Wedding guests uploading pics?

• Options
    Shazzie116Shazzie116 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We set up a page on Shutterfly, you can set it so anyone with the website url (and you can set up a password) can upload albums and comment on pics, but you have full control over it. We made little photo sharing cards that were tied to the favors so everyone brought one home. We had about 15 people upload pictures. Honestly, people uploaded more to Facebook, just because it's more the norm and they're going to put them there anyways.
  • Options
    jnu1117jnu1117 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I set up a google account so people could use Picassa. We got married a week ago and the only people who uploaded pictures to it are us and my dad. We put some cards on the tables. A bunch of  people put them on facebook but not the google account I set up. I like the idea but it really did not work for us.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used dotphoto.com.  PIB under Paper/DIY of the cards we made up.  We put one at each place setting, and then we tried again by putting one in the thank you card.  We had about 10 people upload photos to the site.  HTH!
    Kristen & Matt - June 27, 2008
    We're married!

My Bio
  • Options
    njlfrednjlfred member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We made photosharing cards and put one at each place setting.  So far, we have had 4 people upload photos to the site - however, those 4 albums alone were definitely worth doing the cards, etc.  I have had a few people tell me they still need to upload (we got married at the end of April), so I assume we'll get a few more.  I will likely put some in the thank you notes as well when we send them.
  • Options
    noodle_oonoodle_oo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i was thinking about doing this, but sounds like it isn't that sucessful.  I was planning to use dotphoto also because I think they allow you to download the photos other people have uploaded at a decent quality (say, in case you wanted to print it or add it to a slideshow/album).  However, it is sounding like it might not be worth the effort.  I'm sure the photos from the photographer will be much better anyway.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards