Massachusetts-Boston

Whose has been to Aruba or St Maarten?

My husband and I are thinking as these for an option for our 1 yr anniversary. Please where did you stay? Eat at? Excursions? What to avoid and what to defintely don't miss out on doing? Thanks.

Re: Whose has been to Aruba or St Maarten?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-boston_whose-has-been-to-aruba-or-st-maarten?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:89Discussion:28298eed-f65f-4218-914b-30e4e47e7840Post:d9a50a14-fe6f-4507-aeb4-91b857b5d5ba">Whose has been to Aruba or St Maarten?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My husband and I are thinking as these for an option for our 1 yr anniversary. Please where did you stay? Eat at? Excursions? What to avoid and what to defintely don't miss out on doing? Thanks.
    Posted by tecah123[/QUOTE]

You might have more luck asking on the HM board.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-boston_whose-has-been-to-aruba-or-st-maarten?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:89Discussion:28298eed-f65f-4218-914b-30e4e47e7840Post:d9a50a14-fe6f-4507-aeb4-91b857b5d5ba">Whose has been to Aruba or St Maarten?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My husband and I are thinking as these for an option for our 1 yr anniversary. Please where did you stay? Eat at? Excursions? What to avoid and what to defintely don't miss out on doing? Thanks.

Ive been to Aruba a few times.  My family has a time share there.  We actually went for out 1 year anniversary last year.  Its a great place to go.  Relaxing, lots to do if you want, great beaches.  I wouldnt stay at the high rises.  The beaches there are rocky and really busy.  See if you can rent someones time share.  Eagle Beach is the best beach there IMO.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-boston_whose-has-been-to-aruba-or-st-maarten?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:89Discussion:28298eed-f65f-4218-914b-30e4e47e7840Post:d9a50a14-fe6f-4507-aeb4-91b857b5d5ba">Whose has been to Aruba or St Maarten?</a>:

I went to St. Maarten for my Honeymoon and it is a very different vibe from what I've heard about Aruba--but we love to explore! In St. Maarten you will need a car to travel around the island, but we always felt safe (just left the doors unlocked all day in case of break-ins) and it is part of the charm. We loved the French side: great restaurants, baguettes, crepes, etc. I loved Pinel island and my DH loved Orient Beach. Everyone is super friendly, but I'm sure that is true of most Caribbean islands. If we had stayed longer than 7 days then I would have liked to have spent a few days on Antigua.

I believe Aruba does have more of a resort feel from what I have heard and you will more than likely end up just staying on your resort with a few excursions--so pick a nice one!
  • I've been to Aruba- stayed at the Divi Dive in Oranjestad, under the full inclusion. I LOVED it- they have some activites, etc, throughout the evenings, beautfil beaches with a lot of space, and having the all inclusive really allowed for full relaxation. The inclusive deal also included restaurants in at the Divi Tamerijn, which is just down the beach, so there were a lot of delicious options to eat at. I highly reccomend it! But, it is of course expensive being all inclusive. Hope you enjoy your celebration!!
  • Just stayed at the Radisson in Aruba beginning of July--LOVED it.  Restaurant musts: El Gaucho and Madame Janette's.  
    image Angelisa and Brian August 16, 2008
  • edited September 2012
    We just had our wedding on the 10th of August in Sunny Aruba and are we glad we did. We are actually still enjoying our honeymoon in Aruba. This is our 6th year we are coming to Aruba and we will not change that for any other island. We stayed at the Hyatt but had our wedding planned by Arlette <span style="background:yellow;" class="J-JK9eJ-PJVNOc">Oduber</span> who did a perfect job. Our wedding ceremony took place on the Eagle Beach, a nice stretch of white sandy beach with very few people around so it felt very intimate. She truly made our day a special one with all the details we requested. We decided to hire the vendors locally since they know all the ins and out of the island and we are so glad we did. Our photographer <span style="background:yellow;" class="J-JK9eJ-PJVNOc">Elnathan</span> <span style="background:yellow;" class="J-JK9eJ-PJVNOc">Hijmering</span> did a spectacular job and captured every bit of the wedding celebration. We received our pictures within a few days and they are extremely beautiful. Our officiant was Geoffrey and he performed a very nice ceremony and had me crying before I knew. Our reception was at the <span style="background:yellow;" class="J-JK9eJ-PJVNOc">Surfside</span> Marina and our 67 guests all had a blast and enjoyed the culinary creativity of the kitchen. If you are looking for a gorgeous wedding destination locations, go Aruba.<div> </div>n Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-boston_whose-has-been-to-aruba-or-st-maarten?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:89Discussion:28298eed-f65f-4218-914b-30e4e47e7840Post:5cd67fb3-9116-4b7a-ab6c-b680cd352241">Re: Whose has been to Aruba or St Maarten?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Just stayed at the Radisson in Aruba beginning of July--LOVED it.  Restaurant musts: El Gaucho and Madame Janette's.  
    Posted by FutureMissusC[/QUOTE]
  • We stayed at the Divi Divi a few times. We loved it there. All inclusive as someone else mentioned and can use another hotel to eat at also. I wouldn't stay anywhere else if I went there again.
    Also have to eat at El Gauchos. It is the most delicious steak house I have ever been too. Yummy. We also rode 4wheelers over a mountain, you can do horseback too. It was so pretty.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards