Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Bathroom Baskets - Worth it?

Hey Girls!
I'm debating on doing bathroom baskets for both the men's room and ladie's room. 

For those of you who are married, did you think that they were worth it?  Did people actually use the stuff in them?

For those of you about to get married, are you planning on doing them? 

Did you just do a womens basket or did you do a mens one too?

Re: Bathroom Baskets - Worth it?

• Options
    suzyb1suzyb1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm wondering the same thing also. Especially for the men's room. I wouldn't even know what to put in them other than mints and gum.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are doing them but making sure to get brands that I use so if we have leftovers, we will use them

Girls- hand lotion, body spray (I have a few from Bath+body works that was a
                    gift)
              hair spray
              gum
              mini first aid kit
              mini sewing kit
              advil
              those little wisp colgate disposible toothbrushes
             lint brush
              mouthwash
              tide stick
              fem hygeine products (you never know)
              clear nail polish
              tums
              hair ties and bag of combs

Guys- Gum
               advil
               mini first aid kit
               lint brush
              mouthwash
              tide stick
             spray deodorant (maybe)
             tums
             bag of combs

http://wiki.weddingbee.com/Bathroom_basket

PS- pictures of the baskets that I used are under DIY in bio

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Were doing them. I wouldnt do it if the wedding is at a place that does multiple functions at a time.. No need to give stuff out to people you dont know.. Those baskets arent cheap.
    RSVP: AUGUST 18,2010 image 256 Are Invited image 191 Are ready to Party!
    image 65 Will be missing out image 0 Where Are you? We can't wait Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Luckily, my function hall only has two functions at a time and they each have their own set of bathrooms.....or I wouldn't be doing them
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are doing a basket just for the ladies room.
    I know personally I have used the stuff from baskets at other weddings so I think my guests will appreciate it.
    Married September 25,2010
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Vendor Reviews
  • Options
    thedivaonethedivaone member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm planning on doing them, but all of the bathrooms at my hall are individual rooms so anyone can use them.  So the baskets will be unisex and matching.  At least it will make shopping easier.
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am defintely going to do them. I always found them to be convenient and useful, so I want my guests to have them.
  • Options
    kellaukellau member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OH Yes! Worth It!!

My venue  had a great recommendation nor the men's basket. Dollar scratch tickets!!!! I think it was the first time men spent more time in restroom than the ladies.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We are doing them even though I kind of think they are silly. I don't think I've ever used anything in one! We are not putting one in the men's room. However, we are putting a box of cigars in the men's room. The ladies are getting flip flops so it's only fair!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Bathroom baskets are the only aspect of my wedding that I did not get feedback on, but I'm not sure if it's because one guest stripped the whole thing clean before the other guests had a chance to see it. I chose not to put up the cute lil' poem about taking what you need. Both the mens and womens baskets came back empty though so at least one person found it useful!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ours were almost totally used up. Since you're outdoors, I would do some bug spray too. Not many people had an issue, but 2-3 people asked my mom if there was any around. 

One other thing to consider:  SE has two ladies rooms and my guests used both.  I only had the basket in one of the bathrooms, but I probably would have split it up if I had thought more about it. 

And IMO I don't like the little poems about just taking what you need...it makes me feel scolded.  I just put a sign listing what was in there with a note that said:
    Please help yourself to anything you may need and get back on the dance floor!
    The Newlyweds
  • Options
    noodle_oonoodle_oo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Huh, I think they are a waste of money.  I see them a lot at weddings, but I never use them.  We're trying to stop spending money, so we aren't doing them. 
  • Options
    dparisidparisi member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did both the mens and the ladies.  They were a big hit, but we were on an island so we had to have everything available for our guests comfort.
  • Options
    Shazzie116Shazzie116 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think they're a nice touch, but definitely not a must. They can add up quickly, I bought trial size stuff and probably spent $50-75 total on them. I didn't put any sort of poem, just a little sign that said "compliments of the bride and groom".

Women's basket had combs, bobby pins, elastics, hairspray, body spray, tampons, pads, tic tacs, q-tips, hershey kisses, cough drops, travel pack of tissues, Tums, hand sanitizer and floss picks. 

Men's basket had combs, Axe spray, cough drops, Tums, tic tacs, floss picks, cough drops, tissues, q-tips, hand sanitizer....and I think that's it. 

• Options
    edited December 2011

Thanks for all of the responses, ladies!  I'm def going to a mens and womens one, they sound worth it to me.

Ekobs, good idea on the bug spray!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards