Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Photographer Help!

I have been searching for the perfect photographer for our wedding for months and cannot find one within our budget.  Does anyone have any tips on an affordable photographer.  Our budget is only $1000 and we are not looking for a fancy package.  Just need about 6 hours of coverage and the dvd of edited images.  There are many out there under $1000 but I can't seem to find someone with the creative eye that I am looking for.  Any tips would be great!

Re: Photographer Help!

• Options
    MisheyldMisheyld member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My friend used Shawn Black Photo a few months back.  He was very reasonable and she got awesome pictures.  If I would have known about him before I booked my photographer I would have went with him.  He really made the day special!  www.shawnblackphoto.com
  • Options
    ll981248ll981248 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I highly recommend our photographer.  She's got amazing talent and you get all the photos on a disk.  She's also a pleasure to work with and very flexible.  I bet she'd be able to work with your budget.  Check her out and good luck!

http://www.imcreativephotography.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Check out Iris Leaf Photography. I am using her for my wedding next June. I met with Hanna and she is really good to deal with. You can check out the packages on the website. I am going with the one for $860 + tax

www.irisleafphotography.com

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    June 2012 May Siggy Challenge: The invitations
    image 126 Are ready to party!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    http://www.photographybymarcia.com/
    We used Marcia and she was fabulous to work with on our wedding day. We booked her through our package at Groove Entertainment in Lexington. Depending on your date I'm sure you can negotiate price. Even if it's alittle over the budget she was awesome to work with through out the process. Good luck.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I was lucky to find Darry for our wedding photographer. We will be getting married next April so I don't have photos to show you yet but she does have a blog. She is just starting in wedding photography but has been working as a photo journalist for newspapers for years. She has been great to work with, very friendly and accomodating. She was pretty well under $1000, which was important for us to fit into our budget. Style of course is personal to each bride so it may or may not be for you.

Here is her blog, it has a sample of two weddings she's done: http://darrymadden.wordpress.com/

and her email is darry.madden@gmail.com

Good luck!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We're using Maureen Cotton for our wedding, she is so much fun to work with. She took my siggy pic too. I know she has a bunch of different packages, at least one would probably fit within your budget.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have hired Portrait New England for my upcoming wedding in the spring. I just got my engagement pictures back and they are fantastic!
    I know they are a little more expensive than 1k usually but they are running a special for $900. Not sure what it entails exactly but definitely worth looking into.
    HTH...
    www.portraitnewengland.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    john loconte www.johnlophoto.com his 8 hour package is a lil higher but maybe he can do 6 for your budget? highly recommend

hth.:)
  • Options
    MikeF&SarahCMikeF&SarahC member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jenn Storer of Darling Photography, she's based out of Maine but very reasonable prices and will travel.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    crystal5724crystal5724 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would also check out www.nancystronach.com her work is amazing, getting my e-pics with her next weekend! 
  • Options
    Shazzie116Shazzie116 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Your photo budget will limit your choice of photographers for the type of creativity you're looking for. Most people in that budget range are not working full time in photography. Other than the recommendations previously listed, you can also try checking out New England School of Photography, or email some photographers who's style you like, and ask if they have a second shooter they'd highly recommend.

Good luck! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards