Massachusetts-Boston

Venue help for an out-of-town bride-to-be

Hello knotties-

I'm looking for some opinions on a handful of venues on our current list. Although we both grew up in CT and most of our families are there (thus we are planning on getting married in CT/MA) we now live in NC, so my planning is long-distance. Any thoughts, experiences (both good and bad) that you could share would be very helpful!

If you have any other suggestions for locations (CT or MA, ~100 guests, $15,000 budget) those would be appreciated as well.  I am not thrilled by the typical ballroom, I like venues that are rustic, or have high ceilings and lots of natural light. Waterviews would be a bonus. Going to try and narrow our list as best as possible so that when we are in state around the holidays we can hit up those that rank highest.

1- The Ranch Golf Club (Southwick, MA)
2- Glastonbury Hills Country Club (Glastonbury, CT)
3- Lake Pearl Luciano's [treetop room] (Wrentham, MA)
4- Lily Lake Inn [fountain room] (Wolcott, CT)

Thanks!

Re: Venue help for an out-of-town bride-to-be

• Hi there!
    Have you ever looked at Bittersweet Farm in Westport, MA? It's really pretty and the food is good too. They have an outdoor area that you can get married in too.
    Good luck!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-boston_venue-help-for-an-out-of-town-bride-to-be?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:89Discussion:3209f52b-6284-4647-815e-1ba8141f7be7Post:bcbea5b7-78fd-43dd-a831-922852265a8f">Venue help for an out-of-town bride-to-be</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello knotties- I'm looking for some opinions on a handful of venues on our current list. Although we both grew up in CT and most of our families are there (thus we are planning on getting married in CT/MA) we now live in NC, so my planning is long-distance. Any thoughts, experiences (both good and bad) that you could share would be very helpful! If you have any other suggestions for locations (CT or MA, ~100 guests, $15,000 budget) those would be appreciated as well.  I am not thrilled by the typical ballroom, I like venues that are rustic, or have high ceilings and lots of natural light. Waterviews would be a bonus. Going to try and narrow our list as best as possible so that when we are in state around the holidays we can hit up those that rank highest. 1- The Ranch Golf Club (Southwick, MA) 2- Glastonbury Hills Country Club (Glastonbury, CT) 3- Lake Pearl Luciano's [treetop room] (Wrentham, MA) 4- Lily Lake Inn [fountain room] (Wolcott, CT) Thanks!
    Posted by lcg06001[/QUOTE]
  • I saw this place on Chronicle the other night!

http://saltwaterfarmvineyard.com/index.html
  • We are getting married at Bourndale Function Facility in Plymouth.  We love the venue because it has an outdoor area to get married either on sand (on the lake) or a grassy area.  They have a pontoon boat that guest can take a spin on during cocktail hour(or even I am going to arrive in on it) Your guest can even stay over night in houses and/or cottages with a bon fire and breakfast the next morning.  I am having 100 guests and am under 15000.

I can also give you some recs for photographers dj ect.  just let me know or feel freem to PM
  • I was just at a wedding at Publick House in Sturbridge, MA a few weeks ago.  I don't know the cost but the room we were in had a vaulted ceiling with beams like a barn.  It was very nice.

I got married at Great River Golf Club in Milford, CT.  It would fit your $15,000 budget if that is just for the reception, not your entire wedding budget.
    imageAnniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-boston_venue-help-for-an-out-of-town-bride-to-be?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:89Discussion:3209f52b-6284-4647-815e-1ba8141f7be7Post:bcbea5b7-78fd-43dd-a831-922852265a8f">Venue help for an out-of-town bride-to-be</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello knotties- I'm looking for some opinions on a handful of venues on our current list. Although we both grew up in CT and most of our families are there (thus we are planning on getting married in CT/MA) we now live in NC, so my planning is long-distance. Any thoughts, experiences (both good and bad) that you could share would be very helpful! If you have any other suggestions for locations (CT or MA, ~100 guests, $15,000 budget) those would be appreciated as well.  I am not thrilled by the typical ballroom, I like venues that are rustic, or have high ceilings and lots of natural light. Waterviews would be a bonus. Going to try and narrow our list as best as possible so that when we are in state around the holidays we can hit up those that rank highest. 1- The Ranch Golf Club (Southwick, MA) 2- Glastonbury Hills Country Club (Glastonbury, CT) 3- Lake Pearl Luciano's [treetop room] (Wrentham, MA) 4- Lily Lake Inn [fountain room] (Wolcott, CT) Thanks!
    Posted by lcg06001[/QUOTE]

<div>No waterviews but Old Sturbridge Village (in Sturbridge, MA) - a museum - is rustic and different and the large reception space has very high ceilings.</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards