New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Tossed petals for ceremony...

I've been looking into freeze-dried rose petals, and they seem to be sold by the cup. Do you need one cup per person? Would half a cup work?

I saw this website on Aisle Dash, and they seem to have the best sale prices. http://flyboynaturals.com

Re: Tossed petals for ceremony...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I found this on www.save-on-crafts.com:

Aisle, Path, Tabletop or Bed (To make a heart on a bed for a honeymoon suite) :

1 cup per square foot for light coverage.
    1.5 cups per square foot for light plus coverage.
    2 cups per square foot for moderate coverage.
    3 cups per square foot for heavy coverage creating a "blanket" of rose petals.
    Flower Girl Baskets: 4-6 cups per girl

Wedding Toss: 1/2 cup per guest if using cones or sachets.

Wedding Toss: 1 cup per guest if using a basket for guest to help themselves.

To decorate tables you will need from 1 to 3 cups per table. Reception tables: 5-6 cups per 60" round table For light scattering around just the center of the table use 3 cups or so.

Path & Bath: 20-60 cups to create a path of rose petals to a candle filled bathroom and to float rose petals in the bath.

Romantic Evening: 20-60 cups depending on the bed size & the coverage you are looking for...light to complete!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Make sure to check with your venue first.  A lot of places won't allow it because they stain.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_tossed-petals-ceremony?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:113Discussion:d96399a3-6006-4677-bcf0-2caf101dede0Post:0ccf78a1-2064-4416-86b1-01a64d1bf7e2">Re: Tossed petals for ceremony...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Make sure to check with your venue first.  A lot of places won't allow it because they stain.
    Posted by Bat937[/QUOTE]

Ditto this exactly! I wanted to use the disintegratable rice. And was told no. In fact, I was told the only thing I could use was bubbles. So be sure to check first!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards