Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Tent wedding at The Villa - thoughts?

I will be having a tent wedding at The Villa in East Bridgewater next July. I was wondering if anyone has had a tent wedding there or if anyone has had a tent wedding in the summer anywhere. I am concerned about the heat and the possibility of rain. The wedding will be from 7pm-12am and the coordinator has assured me that it is cooler during that time. Just wanted to know if anyone has personal experience with this issue.

Thanks!

Re: Tent wedding at The Villa - thoughts?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    i'm also getting married at the Villa in July (but indoors)!  I don't have any experience with this but i just wanted to say congrats to  a fellow villa bride! is Katelyn your coordinator? she's amazing!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had been a coordinater for 3 years at a venue with a tent- Yes it is always a bit cooler in the evening, but you cannot be promised it will be cool. sticky hot july nights do exisit- that being said- I absolutely love tent weddings!

Outdoor cooling systems cant be rented- they are pricey, but could be worth it. Some places let you tentatively hold it for a fee- and if you end up actually needing it, paying for it the week of the wedding when you make the decision. I am looking at the Villa this weekend (I hope)!

Good luck
  • Options
    pokey730pokey730 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

This post won't help you at all, however, I have fallen in love with the Villa via internet(my fiance and I are currently stationed in Cheyenne, WY, so we're planning from afar). We also really like the idea of the tent. Any information about the Villa and how they work with budgets, or just how they work in general, would be greatly appreciated! Best of Luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards