New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Venue help!

Hi,
Does anyone know of any venues in Westchester/Putnam/Danbury (preferably Westchester) that are max 100 a head on a Saturday night? I'm having trouble finding a venue in this price range, and I have my heart set on a Saturday night. Restaurants, catering halls, hotels, I'm open to anything! Thanks!

Re: Venue help!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Try Greentree in New Rochelle or perhaps Westchester Manor in Hastings.  :)
    Good Luck!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    kahbkahb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can try Lake Isle Country Club in Eastchester or Atun's of Westchester. If you are open to the Bronx, you might want to check out Villa Barone Manor in Throgs Neck. HTH!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ceola Manor in Jefferson Vally - www.ceola.com

Where ever you go, let them know your price range.  When I was looking around, if I liked a place but couldn't afford it I asked if there was any room to play with the menu and what effect would that have on the overall price.  Open bar is a big part of the cost of a reception, too. 

Good luck!
  • Options
    ssagessage member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Links at Union Vale is max 100 on Saturdays.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    colonial terrace in cortlandt manor is less than 100.00 max.  i agree, just be up front and honest.  i was in the same position and colonial terrace really helped me.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I looked in those same areas!  

Price-wise the following would work. But the minimum that some place require might make the place too much for you. (At least it was with us) How many people are you expecting (hoping for)

But for the per-person amount this is what I posted a few months back for someone who was looking to stay in the $100 range:

Here are some places in Dutchess: The Poughkeepsie Grand Hotel, Christos, The Links in Lagrangeville, Villa Borghese, Arbor Ridge, Fishkill Holiday Inn, Dutchess Manor.

In Putnam: Putnam National Golf Club! (That's where we had our reception) Villa Barone (on Fridays and Sundays they will fit your budget, when we looked Saturdays were more than $100.). Also look into Chalet on the Hudson in Cold Spring.

In Danbury: Danbury Plaza Hotel, Anthony's Lake Club, And check to see if Ethan Allen hotel is having any specials.

In Northern Westchester: Ceola Manor, Hollowbrook Golf club, Colonial Terrace, Mount Kisco Holiday Inn.

These are all traditional ballroom settings, there are also a host of restaurants with banquet rooms that would fit as well. Not sure what you are looking for, but hope this helps.

Good luck! Hope this helps!

Also, I’m not sure where they are looking, but Jean Jeacques caterers (the caterer we are using at Putnam National Golf Club) at a bunch of their locations has a Saturday minimum of only 50 people. And Putnam has a gorgeous room for smaller weddings.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow, thanks everyone! This is even more info than I hoped for : )  I feel so much better knowing that I have a lot more options now!
  • Options
    ssagessage member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I live near Danbury and I also looked at Candlewood Inn...for the time of year i got married, it ended up being the same price as the grandview (lower pp but higher minimum count) but I do remember her telling me they have "off season" prices...i apologize but i don't remember what they are.

they also own the Fox Hill Inn which is in Brookfield.  Not sure of their prices, etc. but might be an alternative...doesn't hurt to call

I ahve heard great things about both.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    vienna1121vienna1121 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    doubletree hotel in tarrytown
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards