New York-Hudson Valley

Where to find wedding shoes??

I cant find wedding shoes anywhere.  Does anyone have suggestions?  I know a lot of people get them online, but I'd really rather be able to try them on in person.  I plan on staying in my shoes all day and need to make sure they're comfortable.  I've been to Macy's, Nordstrom, Lord and Taylor in the Palisades mall, in Jersey, in the city...I've been to DSW and D.B.  How hard can it be basic wedding shoes?  I'm not looking for anything too specific.  Suggestions?

Re: Where to find wedding shoes??

• I have been looking everywhere too and I cant seem to find ANYTHING that I like. If you find anything anywhere, please re-post on here and let me know! I am going to try the Garden State Mall one day, they have a million stores, I have to be able to find something soon!
  • I have shopped around alot too.  I finally found a pair on Sunday at DSW.  They are white flip flops with rhinestones on them.  I was going to post a pic but they don't have them online.  I alot recommend places like zappos.com.  I know that you said that you wanted to try them on, but they have a 1 year free return policy.
    Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
    Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • ZAPPOS!!!! or ENDLESS

I have the same thing as you... I want to try them on and walk in them and all that but I feel like when you're in the store and in your own home shoes are completely different and for some reason, my feet are different.  Like I buy a pair in the store and everything is great, then I come home and I put them on and everything hurts!  WTF?! Anyways....

Zappos.com and endless.com are the best way to buy shoes.  Don't get me wrong, I love going to DSW or a dept store and trying shoes on and I will continue to do that but I love the massive selection zappos and endless has and the fact that they offer 365 day return policy so you don't have to rush to give them back AND they give you the shipping label so all you have to do is tape up the same box they came in and drop it off at the post office on your way to work! 

I bought 4 pairs from zappos and one pair from endless (who works with amazon btw and I love amazon!) and I ended up loving the Badgley Mischka pair from endless and sent the other ones from zappos back to zappos and had the credit posted to my card within a week of dropping the box off at the post office. 

I highly recommend it and then there's so many shoes that you can take your time, show friends and family, walk around for a half a day doing housework, etc and then you'll know if you love them! 

Zappos.com and Endless.com!  ALL THE WAY!
    -Paola- Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • bloomingdales. 
    abc
  • zappos!
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Thing about October-Yankees Playoffs! image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I set aside months in the beginning to find the perfect wedding shoes (I have large and wide feet!) in my wedding color, plum.  I ordered three pairs three seperate times from Zappos, and they just didn't fit the bill.  I wound up finding an awesome pair on sale at DSW in Poughkeepsie, and I know some of my bridesmaids love the shoes at David's Bridal.  I know you said you tried there, but maybe a second look or a different store branch? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I went to Rinaldi's in Rutherford NJ and they had some.  I've heard Shoe Chic in Englewood might be an option too...I will let you know how it goes when I get there.
  • Found my shoes! Although nowhere close by.  I found them in a store in Brooklyn....they had tons...unfortunately it's a little far for most people.
  • I found mine at Poetic License (online), and they're perfect! Check it out! :)

good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards